I need a friend

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
SVE926
option_firstname: Susan

Re: I need a friend

Post by SVE926 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:16 am

Hi,
Congratulations on attending the meetings! That is a great first step! Keep it going for yourself and get to a 12-step program. My son finally did it and it has saved his life. I do not live near you, but I have found a link to local places to help you find a place, hopefully.
Good luck and remember one day at a time!!!

http://local.soberrecovery.com/A_12_Step_Program_Can_Help_Palo_Alto_CA-r1298731-Palo_Alto_CA.html

Hope4more
option_firstname: Dee

Post by Hope4more » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Friend is here. I appreciate learning about other cultures. Smile it's a new day!

koala33
option_firstname:

Post by koala33 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi, I am new here too. So welcome! It always feels better when you have a person you can find comfort in or seek a pep talk for motivation.

You have a friend in me.

RealityHelp50
option_firstname: Carl

Post by RealityHelp50 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:25 am

I hope everyone who comes to this site understand that they are not alone. Dealing with Addiction is so hard to understand and to deal with. I think the kindness people show on this site give others hope. Love and kindness can heal almost anything.
God Bless!

Jewels1991
option_firstname: Julia

Post by Jewels1991 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:50 am

I need a friend and someone to talk to as well please

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vscook » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:47 am

Hi Jewels,

Welcome to the forum! You will get more response if you post new thread rather than a comment. Just go to the Main Forum and hit the New Topic button at the very top.

Vicki
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Ma1954
option_firstname:

Post by Ma1954 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:27 am

Gee, you all have led some very interesting lives :)
Sick and tired of being sick and tired

jasmyndube
option_firstname:

Post by jasmyndube » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:11 am

Hey lets have a friend

vickin
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vickin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to this online meeting format but really struggling to not try to "fix" my son. He's an IV meth user that is currently on probation and looking at 11 years if he doesn't get it together. Most would think that, that in itself would be motive to stay clean but he continues to relapse. I just got him out of the hospital last week and he went to a meeting last night, got a coin, and then proceeded to go get high. I agreed to let him stay with me and I want to be supportive but it feels like a gut punch every time he uses. I don't sleep, I end up blowing up his phone, crying, yelling and I know better because I do sub abuse tx for a living and I am also in recovery! I know the words to say to others but how do I do this myself? I am sick, stressed, and want him to get better. I know that I am powerless over his actions but I can't quit worrying. My friends keep telling me to go to nar-anon or al-anon so here I am.

gpalmerunit
option_firstname:

Post by gpalmerunit » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi Vicki
My son DOC is meth also. It has such an incredible hold psychologically. On a bad binge he gets very paranoid and psychotic. It is awful and I am sorry you are also dealing with this. In May of this year I had a reality check. I stopped all funds, hotel rooms and such. I do not live near him but the only thing I would do would be make sure he was not hungry. They have to find their way back. We cannot do it for them. I say this now as my stomach is wrenching in anguish.

TammyB
option_firstname: Tammy

Post by TammyB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi Vicki,
I'm new to the online meetings also. So far I've attended two, plus one f2f nar-anon meeting.
I also struggle trying to detach from my son. He is addicted to heroine, but currently in a MAT program receiving methadone daily. But I'm not 100% sure he is clean from herion. My son also lives with me, which makes me want to control him even more. I'm trying daily to support but also detach, but I'm so afraid for him (even though he is 25).
I hoping by learning this program I can be strong and truly support him with losing myself. Prays and strength to you.

MustBeFit05
option_firstname: Chase

Post by MustBeFit05 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:59 am

i can be a friend! hi!