Musical LO's and One Slips Away

Coping with the loss of a loved one.
4me
option_firstname:

Musical LO's and One Slips Away

Post by 4me » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:14 am

I mean seriously one slips out of recovery with a potentially life threatening disease, one barely seems to manage his self guided recovery. Another was in a recovery center the last that I heard. I've got more ALO's with no status change. These are all family and personal friends, a family disease on both sides of mine and my husband's families. All of my LO's, both addicts and codependents that continue to stay in 12 steps lead better lives for it. Even those that stop going back, do better.

Then one not so close reappears saying his wife, my friend & co-worker passed on 2+ years ago, I hadn't heard. She was a great gal, very at peace and a hubby that treated her like a princess as far as I knew, sigh. But I'm not dwelling. She, he or both are or were, functional addicts. He said it was an occupational disease, ok, I'll go with that, I know no different. Just accepting life's realities once again, the stuff I can't control.

What we are exposed to can be our undoing. Whether it comes when one is old, diseased, stressed, in an accident or lives a dangerous lifestyle. Parents, spouses, children, friends and ALO's worry. Life's end will always come any day or eventually. This reminds me not to be sad and to live each day to it's fullest. To love them all while they are with me. Whether I see them or not they always know that I love them. JFT I have a moment or two of the blues as I do my daily JFT's.

I chant the 3C's,
I didn't Cause it,
I can't Control it,
I can't Cure it.

I look to my Higher Power.
I say my Serenity Prayer.
I ask for guidance.
To let go of my friend.
I quietly listen.
Amen

My tears fall to the paper I write on, my tear bottles empty once again. It's there in my heart, happy memories of my friend. Just love them through it, JFT. After all is said and done they are not just one thing. They are also our Loved Ones or we wouldn't be here. I wouldn't feel this way about life's cycle or how to get through it if it weren't for these steps. I know from much experience. It works in all of our affairs.

Thought For The Day: Now I choose to have joy and serenity. It is mine I've had a taste and I'm not letting go of it. Such are the days of my life. Tomorrow is unknown but I look forward to what it might bring.

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” ~ Corrie Ten Boom -Excerpt From: Nar-Anon FGH, Inc. “SESH - Sharing Experience, Strength, & Hope.” iBooks.

DAnn
4me

flash
option_firstname:

Re: Musical LO's and One Slips Away

Post by flash » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:57 am

Beautifully said. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
May she be at peace along with all those that have passed.
May we all be at peace here and live in the "JFT".
Love, Donna