2 adult children both heroin addicts

Coping with the loss of a loved one.
4addicts
option_firstname:

2 adult children both heroin addicts

Post by 4addicts » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:59 pm

The wreckage caused by 2 adult children ...5 grand kids all messed up, my life has become unmanageable too much pain and too much drama too much fear too much disintegration , I'm 72 and its all too much to bear

MarieW
option_firstname:

Re: 2 adult children both heroin addicts

Post by MarieW » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Welcome. My 24 year old son is an addict. Thankfully, there are no grandchildren that I know of.

If you post an introduction on the Main Recovery Forum, I'm sure there will be members who are dealing with the effects of addiction on their beloved grandchildren who would be happy to share their experience, strength and hope. This grieving forum is mostly for those who have lost loved ones, though many of us grieve the wasted potential of our addicted loved ones, even if they haven't actually died.

I hope you will stick around. We have on-line meetings several evenings a week. Reading the Posts under Announcements on the Main Forum will tell you all about this Forum, our meetings and the Nar-Anon program.

Keep coming back.
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.

flash
option_firstname:

Re: 2 adult children both heroin addicts

Post by flash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Welcome to the forum.
You will find that you're no longer alone.
When I came aboard I just read and read.
Step 1:We are powerless over the addict and our lives have become unmanageable.
There is room to grow from there if you take it slow and walk up the steps with the rest of us.
Hope you keep coming back for yourself.
Love, Donna