Lost my Brother to Heroin

Coping with the loss of a loved one.
Fralyss
option_firstname:

Lost my Brother to Heroin

Post by Fralyss » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:28 pm

My name is Christine I lost my brother Chuck on January 4th 2014 to a heroin overdose. My brother spent all of his late teens and all of his 20's in and out of jail and rehab. He was 31 when the police found him in a wooded area on the side of a road in Philly.

The last time I talked to him was New Years Eve, he was in rehab, we talked for a few minutes about his upcoming stay at a Recovery House in Arizona called Good Life Recovery. I spoke with the owner, he spoke with the owner, it was almost a done deal. All we had to do was get him there.

Chuck was on probation and wanted to run everything by his PO, first to do it the right way. I asked him not to and that he could take care of that stuff when he came home in a couple years CLEAN, and he would have had a better mindset. He didn't want to, he wanted to do it the "right way" He talked to his PO on December 22nd or 23 and his PO said that it could be arranged, there would be a fee involved for transferring to another state, then the probation officer went on vacation until January 6th.

We contacted the probation office and tried to get an emergency call to the PO because Chuck was being released on December 29th. We never heard from his PO, so Chuck asked for a one week extension in the rehab which would have taken him to January 6th. The rehab did not approve a 7 day extension, they only gave him a 3 day extension, and he was released on January 2nd. I never heard from him after December 31st. I never would have thought that it would be the last time I would talk to him. He was found dead 2 days later, we didn't even know that he was discharged from the rehab.

jeanette
option_firstname:

Re: Lost my Brother to Heroin

Post by jeanette » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:36 am

I am so sorry. The 'system' is very difficult to navigate and understand. Many of us here have lost loved ones to this disease in one way or another.

Welcome to nar-anon - we are here and will listen.
Thoughts and Prayers, Peace and Love
Jeanette

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them FEEL. - Maya Angelou

Linda (lsv)
option_firstname:

Post by Linda (lsv) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:42 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Please stay around...we are here for you.

love,
Linda

MarieW
option_firstname:

Post by MarieW » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:16 pm

My heart is breaking for you and your family. No one is immune from this horrible disease.

Please come back and read our posts, order literature, etc. Or find a Nar-Anon or Al-Anon meeting in your area. Dealing with the fall-out from our addicts' decisions is to much for most of us to deal with alone.
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.

linda.f
option_firstname:

Post by linda.f » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:49 am

We are Praying for your comfort. Please
feel our arms wrapped around you
during your time of need.

You are not alone, we are here for you.

(hugs)
Live-love-laugh

Linda.f

Lisacakes
option_firstname:

Post by Lisacakes » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:46 am

I am so very sorry for your loss, sending you love, light and prayers for your healing. Please keep coming back...

Peace & Love,
alisa
Have patience with all things, but first of all yourself - St. Francis de Sales