A friend of my RAD's

Coping with the loss of a loved one.
marcw
option_firstname:

A friend of my RAD's

Post by marcw » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:43 am

My RAD got her 6 month chip last week ... Just in time to find out that one of the girls she was running with prior to her own overdose, detox, rehab and recovery died of an overdose a couple of nights ago.

My RAD isn't sleeping well since she heard of her friend's passing. Sleep has always been a challenge for her. She is feeling the full reality of her friend's death and how critical working her recovery is.

Reality.

I didn't know the girl or her family. I hate hearing news like this. Another young life wasted and another family in deep grief, but somehow it seems like this had to happen in my RAD's life. I am sure she is struggling with emotions she would like to minimize with drugs. I am also sure she is using her sponsor and network of women and meetings to help process through this.

For me, I told my RAD I was sorry for her loss and to take care of herself the best she can. There's nothing more that I can do or wish to do.

May my RAD's friend's family find peace. Amen.

DianeB
option_firstname: Diane

Re: A friend of my RAD's

Post by DianeB » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Any death from addiction is one too many. I am sorry that
your dear daughter has had to experience this so early in
her life. Addiction and death go hand in hand too many times.

Prayers that your daughter finds strength in this tragic loss to
continue her own journey to a healthy life.

Hugs....
Hugs....

with Love

DianeB

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin

http://nar-anon.org

lbogie
option_firstname: Lois

Re: A friend of my RAD's

Post by lbogie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:41 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of you Daughter's loss. May she and her Family find some sort of Peace. My Prayers are with you all.

Lois
“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”

― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay