We dont always have the time we think we have.

Coping with the loss of a loved one.
theboys
option_firstname:

We dont always have the time we think we have.

Post by theboys » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:26 am

My Son passed away Nov 2013. He had been struggling with addiction and seemed to be making strides to
a better place. I saw something I questioned. I thought I need to address that. Give him support. Open the door
back to rehab before he spiraled if I was reading things right. I thought tomorrow will be a good time.
We are tired. Everyone has a cold. It is Halloween. Tomorrow will be quick enough.
My Son died on the couch less than an Hour after returning home with his dad. A sudden death.
A drug death yes, maybe, no. Unknown.
I will deal with the fact I did not have that conversation. I will file it somewhere in the grief and guilt and sadness.
It will be a memory I will learn from. We don't always have the time we think we have.

bsm3703
option_firstname:

Re: We dont always have the time we think we have.

Post by bsm3703 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:26 am

So sorry for your loss.

I don't have the ESH as I haven't lost someone to death to this disease and I pray I never do. One thing that this program has taught me though is that I have zero control over anyone else's decisions.

My kids are all addicts and I struggled (struggle) with the fact that they won't listen to all my wonderful and common sense advice..sigh. I had to learn to let go and Let God and I do this on a daily basis.

So glad you found us and I hope that you keep coming back :)
Jer 29:11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

(((HUGS))) Brenda

Lyndi
option_firstname:

Re: We dont always have the time we think we have.

Post by Lyndi » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:19 am

I am so sorry for your loss, I too lost my son, just 4 weeks ago and in a similar manner, he had been reaching a place where it appeared remission of the disease could be sustained. I think your comment about time is so profound. Its having been robbed of the time with my son that is a huge part of this acute sorrow. thank you for sharing,
I pray for Light for you, your son and your family,
XXXOOOO
Lynne