Don't know what to do

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
justmom
option_firstname: gena

Don't know what to do

Post by justmom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:49 pm

My daughter is a heroine meth addict she's been in and out of rehab for 2 years. We've given her all we've had she came back this summer out of rehab with a husband who's an addict.. We let them move in with us till they got on their feet. The whole time they were using meth. She went back into rehab a week ago , he went into one for men. I am so tired of it all we are broke mentally emotionally financially. We live in a one bedroom house with one bath to retire in. They have no car , nothing. I don't want them back here ,but where else can they go when they get out . We are also supporting
our grandson. Do I let them live on the street. I don't know if I can do that, but I know in my heart I can't stand it again.

LKSG8R
option_firstname:

Re: Don't know what to do

Post by LKSG8R » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry that you are experiencing such turmoil, but glad you found us. The experience, strength and hope on this forum is priceless. You may get more replies if you copy and paste your post onto the Main Forum. This section is where people post more lighthearted topics.

I came to Nar-Anon when I realized my son was an addict, although I had already been a sporadic member of Al-Anon due to my husband's alcoholism. I found there is nothing as heart wrenching like having a child fall off the normal path of becoming a responsible adult due to substance abuse. I imagine that worrying about a grandchild must add a new level of despair.

I have no advice to give, but I do know that your grandchild will ultimately benefit from your solid presence. My grandmother did not financially support my addicted mother, but she always provided a rational, safe place for me to be. I can't even imagine where I would be without her rock solid love.

I wish you well. Keep coming back. This program works if you work it.
Lisa
Trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: Don't know what to do

Post by vscook » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Welcome to the forum. The main forum is where most people do their introductory post. Nar-anon is a 12 step program for people with an addicted loved one. You can read more about the program in the Announcements section of the main forum. We have online meetings every Sunday, Monday and Wednesday evening at 8 pm Eastern. I hope you will join us.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.