Looking for friends who understand me

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
Jewels1991
option_firstname: Julia

Looking for friends who understand me

Post by Jewels1991 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:17 pm

Is there anyone who is willing to talk and be my friend and a support to me I would very much appreciate having someone to talk to thank you, Julia.

MATT'S MOM
option_firstname: Sue

Re: Looking for friends who understand me

Post by MATT'S MOM » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi Julia,
Welcome to the forum. Just saw your post. All of us here have loved ones who are addicts.

We all come looking for a safe place to share, to cry and to gather strength, wisdom & experience from others who are on the this journey together. My ALO is my son. I came here over 4 years ago looking for someone who would understand what I was going through. I have found that here.

I started by reading the posts-- both here in the friendship forum as well as the main forum. Take a look at the newcomer information at the top of the main forum. When I felt comfortable, I posted in the main forum and got many replies. We don't offer advice, but we do offer friendship, support, Strength & hope.

We have online meetings here on Sun, Mon & Wed nights at 8pm est. If you have a nar-anon meeting near you, that is also a wonderful place to start. If you don't have nar-anon near you, many of us attend Al-anon meetings instead.

We are here for you.

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: Looking for friends who understand me

Post by vscook » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi Julia,

I see you found the Main Forum. Everyone here is dealing with the issues of having an addicted loved one. While we do not give advice, we do give support. You can look for a face to face meeting in your area by visiting www.nar-anon.org. We also have online meetings every Sunday, Monday and Wednesday evening at 8 pm. And you can post on the forum 24/7. You are not alone - keep coming back!

Vicki
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.