Me on my oxygen wore my young friend out...

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
4me
option_firstname:

Me on my oxygen wore my young friend out...

Post by 4me » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 am

Me on my oxygen wore my young friend out.

She says the next time we go on a shopping spree she's drinking an energy drink to keep up with me.

It's a huge change in me. She knows, my son and her step-son ran together and we became acquainted.
A wise young gal, I'm 57, I've got 20yrs on her and am on oxygen. My COPD was diagnosed a few months after coming to our program. My husband and addict teen son used to laugh at me. I could do little but get me in a mall and I could shuffle from store to store at breakneck speed. I can see my RIP, she passed on doing what she loved, shopping.

We had lunch, mine was Calamari w/Shishito Peppers & Lemon Aioli. I also had to see if Wolfgang's Mac 'n Cheese rivaled mine. Of course it did, white cheese blend baked with a crispy Panko topping. Mine's orange cheeses baked with Panko. I'd compete with Wolfgang the difference in the cheese blends are like two different dishes. Oh man, there's some ego in that.

I have a shopping bag with wheels. I got it after I was diagnosed with torn shoulder ligaments. Shopping is probably how I got the shoulder problem. We barely managed to fit much in the cart before we had to hang bags on it. All at the mall want one like it, it's got zebra stripes. I learned the shopping cart tool when I lived near London.

Got great deals, seven hours, six stores and one short break later we emerged from the mall with our gluttonous haul of I saved money honey. It's a woman's prerogative to JADE about sales savings.

What a blast! I missed shopping and watching friends dropping from exhaustion. Ha, everyone knows it's dangerous to shop with me. She wants to do it again! I only do this 2x a year because it takes six months to recover.

Get out have some fun come visit me in Vegas, I'll shop ya till you drop.

Tyflms!

Hugs,

DAnn
4me

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: Me on my oxygen wore my young friend out...

Post by vscook » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:51 pm

I'm not much of a shopper, but it sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.