QTIP came home!

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
4me
option_firstname:

QTIP came home!

Post by 4me » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:52 am

QTIP came home!

A year ago Easter Day my mom ran over a bunny near our home. She was distraught but as she got over it she said "I ran over the Easter Bunny." We couldn't help but chuckle. We've teased her unmercifully about it ever since, all in good fun. I told her she had to color and distribute eggs for the rest of her life and feed bunnies organic carrots.

After she moved out and in with a man who decorates eggs every year so she did what I'd said. I think she also feared the bunnies that seemed to be gathering near our desert home we're coming to get her for killing their leader. Huh, cottontail bunnies in the dessert!?! The paper said the populations exploding.

I knew one had been living somewhere on our property, our dog, Karma, knew too. One day she flew off my lap out to the yard to chase a baby bunny. I followed, ugh that urge to rescue. Of course I ended up twisted up in my oxygen hose, lol. My son said I know where the bunny lives, by the side of the house where Karma can't get to him. He was right so we named him QTIP for his cotton tail and feed him organic carrots, celery and lettuce. He became friendlier comes and waits for his food and water! He disappeared this weekend. We were like, QTIP come home. He/she appeared today. I hope QTIP didn't come home pregnant, yikes. Either way I'm glad QTIP came home!
4me

LML
option_firstname: Lori

Re: QTIP came home!

Post by LML » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:27 pm

You're too funny!,,, I remember reading the story of your Mom and the bunny ordeal in an earlier post. Thank HP QTIP came home and I hope you have a Happy 4th of July holiday... ☮️

Love,
Lori
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."
Abraham Lincoln

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vscook » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:11 pm

How cute! It's funny how we become attached to the critters around us. All my indoor cats were strays that were brought inside. Now that we're full up, my neighbor and I do trap-neuter-return. Each day we go out and feed our 'babies". When one disappears for a day or more, we worry until s/he reappears.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Beatific1
option_firstname:

Post by Beatific1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks. That's really cute. I have also saved my fair share of animals. I must say bunnies are some of my favorite creatures. :D

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:02 am

Always smile reading your posts.
So glad Qtip found her / his way home.
I'm in the process of moving and I have had a rabbit at the new house a couple times.
Please keep your mom far away (kidding).
I will have to name my rabbit.
( I did have a possum living under my house for a couple years - and I have to admit I didnt' embrace it).
Love, Donna