Mocking Bird mocking me not sleeping...

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
4me
option_firstname:

Mocking Bird mocking me not sleeping...

Post by 4me » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:52 am

I need experience on this one. It used to be my AS keeping me up worrying all night. Just as that had gotten better a pain in my shoulder blade area started in. My Dr's decided it was torn ligaments so Physical Therapy and Cortisone Shots finally are helping to manage the pain. Even with muscle strengthening it may never be all gone. I've done really well in rare use of the pain pills, warm baths w/epsom salt, pain creams...

Ahh so finally I start sleeping a bit better again. So now it's a Mocking Bird keeping me up it starts in around 2am and goes till dawn. I went rounds with a Mocking Bird Years ago, luckily I was a short term guest at my parents for a few weeks. Imagine me out in the night trying to shake a bird out of a tree that wasn't budging not one bit.

That was pre-internet so in the wee hours this a.m. it finally struck me to look up how to make a Mocking Bird stop. I didn't want to hurt a feathered friend I just wanted to make the Bird want to leave. I guess Owls are the natural enemy. I found the sound of a Nevada Owl 🦉 and played it loudly out the window. So far silence reigns. I hope that's what stopped it from mocking me and it didn't frighten the areas feathered friends or wake the neighbors, that was a loud owl and it was a territorial hooting I played. Maybe sleep will be mine soon.

In case that doesn't work please share any experience with something that has worked.

4/11 update...
Ha, it didn't work like I had hoped. At 5am that mockingbird started in. I played the owl to it and it kept squawking and an owl joined in, they both made noise for 30+ minutes. Then I heard a screeching sound and a really loud squawk then silence. Yikes did the iPhone owl call, call in a real owl that got the mockingbird...? So much for logic and unique solutions, hoping my actions did harm the mockingbird. Is my HP sending me a message, much to ponder.

Tyflms,

DAnn
4me

Joyinmotion
option_firstname: Joy

Re: Mocking Bird mocking me not sleeping...

Post by Joyinmotion » Sun May 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Very funny! I too had a bachelor Mockingbird sing in the wee hours, throwing his heart into every song known to birds... that's his inner drive for seeking a mate, one cannot fight Nature. I never thought about dislodging him, I just put earbuds on and played white noise sounds and relaxation tapes to fall asleep.

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Mon May 22, 2017 8:41 pm

I'm sorry - I don't mean to laugh, but the visual of this is pretty funny.
I love the way you describe things.
Believe it or not I don't even know the sound a mockingbird makes.
Maybe I'll be sorry I said that if I'm woken tonight by one.
What about earphones and some soothing or meditative music?
All I got for now.
It's still probably better than losing sleep over your addict.
Love, Donna

4me
option_firstname:

Post by 4me » Wed May 24, 2017 2:04 am

I had ruled out ear buds. I don't like mine in for extended periods.
I do have some of the new Apple wireless Air Pods coming on my.
I've been waiting months for those, hopefully extended
wear doesn't bother me with my new ones. The mockingbird is
back but isn't starting in till daylight now. I did displace a pigeon with
the sound of hawk three days in a row a week ago and he hasn't
been back!

I'll definitely take noisy birds over losing sleep over my addicts
exploits any day.

Hugs,

DAnn
4me