This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
flash
option_firstname:

Re: Wishing Everyone a Happy New Year

Post by flash » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the warm wishes for a happy new year.
My son is what brought me here. I found it a tremendous help in so many ways.
Reading the ES&H of others that have walked these roads before me, helped me to make decisions based on what was best for me.
I reclaimed my life so to speak.
My daughter has not yet found the rooms of nar-anon and I mention this because today we were talking about a friend in program who was leaving for vacation and her daughter just took off to the city on what may be a drug /other addictions run.
My daughter was surprised that she left for her trip and asked me if I would leave if my son (her brother) relapsed and was out on the streets.
I told her that if that ever happened I would hope that because of this program I would indeed leave on the vacation.
She said she didn't think she would be able to.
My response to her her was that because of this program I try to live my life to the best of my ability despite where my son is on his journey.

I am hoping that someday she will attend a meeting so that she can live independently of the addiction of her brother.
I grew up with a sister that was addicted to heroin. I understand the fear that you are feeling.
I hope you stick around as it does help.
Love, Donna