First birthday party for my daughter Present ideas!?

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
Matildasmommy1014
option_firstname:

First birthday party for my daughter Present ideas!?

Post by Matildasmommy1014 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:43 pm

She loves sesame street so we are GOING FOR ITTTTTT
Despite all the madness going on with AH being in rehab I did find the time and energy Thursday to get out of work while she was in daycare and purchase the rest of the decor and items for the party. Now I just need to wrap her presents and get the food list together. She will be one on the 14th of October, so we are having the part on the 15th...

Saturdays are visit days with AH, but I don't care, I'm not rescheduling this joyous occassion because he's an addict who relapsed when it was convenient for him!

So the big question is what should I get my little girl as a big present!?
I'm struggling with this and only have a few weeks. I got her an activity cube already, which is mostly a bead maze which she will love and some ABC blocks...

My parents are getting here a tent with a tunnel and some balls (which I'm sure she won't care about anything else when she sees this) and a ride on toy

My sister is getting her some shoes and a big oversized stuffed chair

I was thinking like a rocking horse or something but then I thought... I don't want to buy this kid more toys, she will be over taking my house at the ripe age of one

What did you get your little one's on their first birthday!?

MATT'S MOM
option_firstname: Sue

Re: First birthday party for my daughter Present ideas!?

Post by MATT'S MOM » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:05 am

We had a party & went easy on the gifts ( the relatives over bought). I enjoyed watching my son eating his cake. At age of 1 anything you give then will be enjoyed. Have a great time with your little one! :D

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:31 am

I found at that age they liked the wrapping paper more than the gift.
Enjoy the special day. Surround her with love as I'm sure you will and you will form beautiful memories.
I often wish we could post pics here. :D

grateful
option_firstname:

Post by grateful » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:11 pm

My grandson loved Duplos and Little People. He played with them for hours. When he got older, we exchanged Duplos for Legos. He's 17 now and still builds with Legos. He plans on a career in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning or a similar field when he enters college. I'm all for things that encourage imaginative play and manipulatives that require creativity and increasing skill development. He also loved books and stories being read to him until he was able to read them for himself. Then, I'd say: "Well, J, why don't you read one page and I'll read the other?" I loved to read, too. Reading early also helped him develop an interest in learning about myths, culture, science fiction, politics (another field he is considering), and other topics. He excelled in reading in primary grades and is a quick reader with a broad vocabulary now. It all started with him loving to look at picture books and us reading to him starting at a very young age.
Last edited by grateful on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seek beauty

Matildasmommy1014
option_firstname:

Post by Matildasmommy1014 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Totally looking into duplos and little people. She has so many books (although never enough)

My parents are over buying naturally so I may just not get her anything else! Looking forward to the party in a few weeks though for sure!

Dnsley26
option_firstname: Dnsley26

Post by Dnsley26 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:23 am

Thanks for sharing these birthday gift ideas. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged my niece’s birthday and ordered flowers for decorating venue through a renowned florist offering great Flower Bouquets. We all had an amazing party.

DeanW
option_firstname:

Post by DeanW » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Love the Duplo idea - shape sorters are always fun - and I love those balls they have for babies that are so easy to hold now.

Happy Birthday to your little one - the years pass sooo quickly.