Total lost newbie

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
Sassybees
option_firstname:

Total lost newbie

Post by Sassybees » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:15 am

:?:
Hi everyone. My son is a meth addict and alcoholic i havent been to meetings as they are few a far between where i live in australia. I dont think the ones on here will be the right time either. Anyway im here for me....for my anxiousness for my guilt and for my fear. I know this is not a healthy way to live. Ive read on here about a "blue book". What is this and where is it. Thank in advance for any replies.

HollyTx
option_firstname: Holly

Re: Total lost newbie

Post by HollyTx » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:13 am

Hi Sassybees,

Welcome to the forum.
Nar-anon.org has literature....and you will find the blue book there.

You aren't alone in this anymore.

Holly

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:56 am

Welcome. The good thing about the forum is that you can sign on 24/7 from anywhere.
I hope it helps you as much as it helps me.
Also on the nar anon literature site is a great book called the SESH book (Sharing Experience strength and hope). It's a daily reading book.
It was my bible when I first found nar anon.

MarieW
option_firstname:

Post by MarieW » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Welcome to the Forum. Our "Go To" literature here is the SESH book (Sharing our Experience, strength and Hope) and the little blue booklet. Both are available on Kindle so you can read them anywhere.

We have meetings here on line three night a week (though they may not be at night where you are). You can get all the info if you read the posts under Announcements from the main Family Groups Recovery page.

You might also look for Al-Anon meetings. There are more of them and they use the same 12 steps and principles.

Dealing with an addict is too much for us to do alone. Thank god we don't have to!

Keep coming back.

PS: You will get more responses is you post on the Family Group page. We tend to use this section of the Forum for lighter subjects.
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.