Easy supper

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
Angelikoula
option_firstname: Angela

Easy supper

Post by Angelikoula » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:33 am

One thing I've been having difficulty with lately is preparing meals for my husband and I .. I just don't have the energy to cook for just 2 of us since our AD has left home. I've been seeing all these "Tasty" videos with "one pan meals" so I thought I would try one and I think I'm addicted (sorry .. really bad pun, huh? :lol: :lol: )

So, I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper .. tossed some asparagus and sliced zuchini on the left side - threw some sliced potatoes in the microwave for about 5 minutes to soften them up and then tossed those on the baking sheet. Then put 2 frozen seasoned salmon filets in the middle. Seasoned up the veggies and potatoes and drizzled them with some olive oil and put the sheet in the oven at 350F for about 30 minutes. It was fabulous! My husband came home and asked who cooked the meal .. haha .. it was nice to have a good meal together.

MATT'S MOM
option_firstname: Sue

Re: Easy supper

Post by MATT'S MOM » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:33 am

Changing to cooking for just 2 is tough. But I found like you , that there are many simple dishes to make. Stir fry with chicken mushrooms & broccoli is one of our favs. Good luck with experimenting with new reciepes.

endoftheroad
option_firstname: Susan

Re: Easy supper

Post by endoftheroad » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Both my husband and I both always loved to cook. And now three grown adult kids are out! But we kept the passion going!

We love slow cooker recipes in the winter! There are a lot of recipes online. Our favorite cooks and recipes are from the Food Network!

I also am a huge fan of Ina Garten. Her recipes are precise but so much fun to execute!

Why not devote one night a week to some fabulous food at home! We set our table so that it looks as though it was always for just the two of us!

Happy cooking and eating and getting to know one another again! It is a journey and can be fun too!
This is the easier softer way.....