What addicts do to us

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
Jlyn20
option_firstname:

Re: What addicts do to us

Post by Jlyn20 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:44 am

New to this site, I am hoping to gather strength. My 19 year old AS has made my life a nightmare for the last 6 years with his drug use. From pot, to Heroin and now Meth which has put him in jail 5 times in the last year. He was arrested again and I have chosen not to bail him out, he even had his own money. Years of trying to get him help and him never trying to help himself. I lost my Mother in May and I am broken in so many ways, so it is time to let him realize that it is all up to him. time for me to help myself. I am glad I can talk to people who understand, my family will never understand the pain in my heart, the anger and the jealousy I have in me.

GB920
option_firstname: Christina

Post by GB920 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:09 am

Hi all, I'm new to this group and new to Nar-Anon. I have been in and out of relationships with people that turned out to be addicts since I was 18 years old (now 30). I just found out that my ABF is dope sick and has been using for at least a month,who as far as I knew was clean since a while before he moved in with me and my two kids 3 months ago. He recently lost his job and I know he is going through a rough time with depression and everything but I am just so nauseated by all of it. I've been through so much with my previous relationships and their addiction issues and I'm not sure I can handle going through it again but I'm afraid to be alone and not have any help. Part of me wants to just kick him out even though he swears up and down that he's finally done and that I'm worth more to him than any drugs.

All of this makes me look back on my life and wonder what the hell I've been doing to attract people with this sickness into my life. I am so ready to stop the cycle and be in a heathy relationship and being clueless at where to start has brought me here.

I love this man and I loved the addict before him and the addict before him. I feel so numb to it now. I have let addicts ruined my optimism and ability to trust. I want control of my life and peace back.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and letting me know I'm not alone in all of this.

Jennifer
option_firstname:

Post by Jennifer » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:55 am

Yes, it is very hard. Mine returned to his drugs after being clean for a year and a half. Prison didn't fix it. Depression is an underlying tone in all of his usage. I just sent him a letter to remind him that I do not support what he is doing or anyone else that does. I let him know how much I care and love him, and how very thankful I am that we reconnected before the drugs returned in his life. That is all I can do. He must do the rest. I wrote to him that when he is ready, I'll be right here, but I will not support the usage. It certainly doesn't keep me from worrying at night, in the morning when I awaken, and during the day. I don't think it ever will. I'm always wondering if that phone is going to ring. Thank you for sharing. It DOES help to hear others that experience the same thing.

Lexis527
option_firstname:

Post by Lexis527 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:38 pm

I will celebrate my one year anniversary on October 10th. Just found out hubby has been using the whole summer. We are building a house and supposed to be building a life. I feel alone and ashamed. I am scared all the time. I want him to see a doctor. Does treatment really help? I hate the lies and money is just gone every month. I am 40 yrs old this is my second marriage ugh I cannot cope.

Grace47
option_firstname: Grace

Post by Grace47 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:16 pm

I had no choice but to ask my daughter to leave. I tried so much to give her shelter and help with expenses and now I've depleted all I have. I am nearly 70 years old and still need to work to help pay for my studio. My ex husband fled because he couldn't be bothered, as did all other family members. Her children were removed by the state and I will never see them again. Most Heartbreaking- I feel guilty, alone and so scared. She's in a dangerous place (Paterson, NJ.) and I fear for her life. I can feel her pain, I Love her but I can't help her. Feeling so scared.

Hopeful1602
option_firstname: Audra

Post by Hopeful1602 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi I am new to this group and to Naranon as well. I'm a little confused how this website works. I too have attracted addicts my entire life and don't understand why.

DianeB
option_firstname: Diane

Post by DianeB » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:21 am

This topic has been locked.

Responses indicate that they are best posted in the main Recovery Forum for E S & H.

Thanks
Hugs....

with Love

DianeB

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin

http://nar-anon.org