2 ears, 2 eyes and 1 mouth

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
PamB
option_firstname:

2 ears, 2 eyes and 1 mouth

Post by PamB » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:38 pm

2 ears, 2 eyes and 1 mouth. There is a theory that my addict fiancee told me. We are given twice as many eyes and ears, than we are given mouths, because we are supposed to WATCH and LISTEN twice as much as SPEAK.

I have taken this advice here. And I have seen how the majority of you have begun your road to recovery by working on YOU, rather than losing yourselves in your addict loved one.

SO TELL ME RECOVERING PEOPLE! What have you relearned to love about life?! ABOUT YOU?!

I am in school for graphic design. I love, LOVE art. I am tickled pink to be back in the groove with my artwork. It makes me beam. Share your positive outcome of choosing the road to recovery!

Back to reading again?
Redecorating the house?
Restoring that old car?
Shopping with the ladies again?
Fishing with the guys again?

MATT'S MOM
option_firstname: Sue

Re: 2 ears, 2 eyes and 1 mouth

Post by MATT'S MOM » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:42 pm

reading for pleasure.. I had given it up mostly-- busy with life as well as with my addict. Back to it again & enjoying it!

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Back to yoga and doing it regularly instead of sporadically as I have done over the past few years.
Took a drawing class in the winter and play around now pretending I am an artist.
Just sit and enjoy nature more since I have been in recovery. I notice more around me than I used to.

Lisacakes
option_firstname:

Post by Lisacakes » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Back to yoga, meditation and travelling--things I like to do that I let slip. Also working on the house, painting my fences and organic gardening :)
Have patience with all things, but first of all yourself - St. Francis de Sales

Cheryldel
option_firstname: Cheryl

Post by Cheryldel » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:15 pm

My art my granddaughters, my husband my home.
All of which I enjoyed while my as was in jail.
Xo cheryl

janiemarie
option_firstname:

Post by janiemarie » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:24 am

I'm enjoying watching the fear subside in my granddaughter's eyes and seeing the trust begining to shine through!
Some of my life's desires will just have to be put on hold for a bit as I raise her but that's OK.
She will only be this age for a brief moment!
I do know that I'm finding a whole lot more enjoyment in the things I do ie my gardening and keeping up my farmstead as I learn to release the stinkin thinkin and the fear worry guilt anger resentment and all those wonderful emotions that consumed me before I found this program!
“And this too, shall pass away.” How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!”
--- Abraham Lincoln

roadrunner
option_firstname:

Post by roadrunner » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm enjoying my house more as I am removing all the junk and fixing it up. No more weeds around - just alot of flowers and pretty things. I also have more space to organize stuff and go through it and downsize.

grateful
option_firstname:

Post by grateful » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks for a good thread.

I like and love myself. I have spent long hours in solitude and peace and get along with myself well - most of the time :D

I love to swim in warm water, participate in ai chi and aqua yoga, walk, listen to all different types of music, see good movies, sit in my backyard and watch the antics of squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits or marvel at the beauty of the sky, shapes of clouds, or listen to the various bird calls. I enjoy watching flowers grow and the bees, butterflies and dragonflies do what they do when the flowers are flourishing. I enjoy sitting at water's edge at small lakes and get excited when I see and hear the waves at large lakes. I read. I study what interests me. I volunteer where doors open for me. I love to get to know new people. I participate in 4 different groups of people whose interests are similar to mine. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with my daughter and grandson and thrill when friends of mine get more and more involved in creative endeavors. I am also very aware of women's issues and love to encourage women to pursue their dreams, their hobbies, their passions. I also like and love myself enough to admit what I don't like and I either don't do it or I remove myself from people, places or things that are drama-filled or chaotic.
Seek beauty