speaking of books ..

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.

Moderator: DianeB

speaking of books ..

Postby Chelli » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Where does one purchase the BIG blue Nar-anon book?

I went to Barnes and Nobel today but ... it wasn't on their shelf. They said they can probably get it for me but ...it would need to be ordered in. If I do that .. it will be at least late next week before I'd get it.

I saw, on the home page of this site, a "store front" but had trouble loading the page. I don't know yet if it's something I can purchase here or not. I'll try agin but meanwhile, if any of you have the book .. where did you get it? I'd really rather purchase "in person" and have it "now" rather than online or thru a book store and wait for it to arrive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much, in advance for your replies :)
Chelli

Re: speaking of books ..

Postby Tako » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Welcome Chelli!

We have a "Little Blue Booklet" and a daily reader called, "Sharing our Experience, Strength and Hope (SESH): both are a must and only available through our World Service Office website:
http://nar-anon.org/Nar-Anon/Reading_for_Recovery.html
http://nar-anon.org/Nar-Anon/Materials_for_Meetings.html

Glad you found us, now, KEEP COMING BACK! ;)

Tako
Tako

Postby sharon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:46 pm

Chelli,
Some groups keep extra copies on hand for purchase at their f2f.

I know i try to keep at least one copy available.

I also had issues loading the page too....and i need lit for my home group.
DONE
Love,
Sharon

TOGETHER WE STAND~~~~~DIVIDED WE FALL
grateful member since 2004

http://www.nar-anon.org
sharon

Postby Chelli » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:21 pm

thanks for your replies AND .. welcomes :)

I've been to 4 meetings but didn't see or ask if they had books for purchase. I guess I wasn't at the point of wanting one for my own until yesterday. There was plenty of literature available. .. I have 2 small blue books, calendars and meeting flyers. I'll have to ask, next time ... if the big blue is available for purchase. Actually, what I may do (now that it's been brought to my attention that I may be able to get it there) .. I'll call the number for the meeting contact and ask her. If she doesn't have one .. maybe she will have access by the time Sunday comes. That or point me in a local direction in which I can get one. Sunday is my next available "in person" meeting. I haven't yet been to one here, on the site. I may attempt this evening or .. over the weekend. For me it begins at 9pm tonight. If I'm lucky, if all is well .. I'm usually relaxing in bed by then. No, no .. no one be jelous! LOL I'm up wayyyyyyyyyyy too early each morning. Most times around 4 and for sure by 5am ... so in bed by 9 isn't unusual (right? lol)

Anyway ... thanks for the info and I look forward to my first meeting here and .. reading the boards :)
Chelli

Return to Friendship Nar-anon Style Forum