Learning to do things for ME!

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
Ronni
option_firstname: Ronni

Learning to do things for ME!

Post by Ronni » Sun May 24, 2015 9:48 am

It hasn't been easy to switch the focus from my AS to me. But it's been well worth the effort, and has been helped by involving myself in social and/or fun things with other people to keep my attention focused away from my son's addiction.

I ran in a 5K yesterday, the Color Run. You may have heard of it? It's my second Color Run and it was SUCH fun! I'm an old lady, so I don't really run it, but walked at a brisk pace with intermittent slow jogs. It was a lot of fun spending time with good friends and feeling that sense of accomplishment that comes with finishing the course!

I wanted to post a picture of my medal! :) But I can't figure out a way to do that so unless I can solve that, I'm just going to say that I had an amazing time! :D
My son's addiction is something that happened TO HIM. It is NOT something he did TO ME.

flash
option_firstname:

Re: Learning to do things for ME!

Post by flash » Sun May 24, 2015 7:02 pm

:D How important to do things for ourselves and be proud of them.
Proud of you too Ronni.
Hugs - Donna

Goldenrain
option_firstname:

Post by Goldenrain » Wed May 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Go Ronnie! That's terrific! My beautiful college daughter is a runner, and her sorority has done a number of color runs. They come out looking like NBC peacocks and it's always for a good cause. :)
Goldenrain
~ I ka lani malama ho iki mai la ka 'nani' ~
(In the heaven's brightness beauty is revealed)

leonor98
option_firstname:

Post by leonor98 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:39 am

living with a former Nar addict and needing support. he comes across as bully and wants what he wants when he wants it. I have developed a habit of butterflies in my stomach as a way to "keep myself weak" to giving into to him because I have seen what he does when he does not get his way. he takes revenge ---he abducted our daughter the last time I broke off with him. how do I save myself from this habit killing me?

jeanette
option_firstname:

Post by jeanette » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:16 am

Leonor -

Welcome to nar-anon. in Nar-anon we do not give advice - unless there is violence or danger of violence. Abducting your daughter is certainly violence. I would recommend contacting the local police who should be able to direct you to the nearest family advocacy group who should be able to assist you. You do have rights and options, this should allow you to find them.

Jeanette

(note - also sent as a PM to Leonor)
Thoughts and Prayers, Peace and Love
Jeanette

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them FEEL. - Maya Angelou

DeanW
option_firstname:

Post by DeanW » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:02 am

Ronni - I hadn't seen this - I've wanted to do this....inspiration!

Daughter of the King
option_firstname:

Post by Daughter of the King » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:54 pm

That's awesome Ronnie!! So happy for your accomplishment! It is nice to hear about what you are doing for you! :D
Cheering you on!