Hello

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
grateful
option_firstname:

Hello

Post by grateful » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Hello. I joined this board last night. I'm still unsure of what I am doing with posts, etc. I notice I can post a new topic at the Friendship forum but not at the Recovery forum?

Regardless, I wanted to say hello. I am the widow of an addict and the mother of a 39 yo alcoholic/addict. I have been in Al-Anon for over 35 years, but I haven't attended Nar-Anon since there is only one meeting in our area and held on a night I have been unable to attend.

I hope that won't matter since I do and have worked the 12 Steps in the Al-Anon program?
Seek beauty

flash
option_firstname:

Re: Hello

Post by flash » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Grateful - You are in the right place and I have to tell you I read your reply to my post this morning before I left for work and put a smile on my face from reading it so please keep sharing. I'm not sure why you can't post into the Recovery forum - someone else can probably help you with that. There are meetings on line four nights a week. You can read about them and go to the Chat button to get in. Please keep coming back.

MarieW
option_firstname:

Post by MarieW » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:36 am

Welcome to the Forum. I attend one Nar-Anon and one Al-Anon meeting every week. The steps and the program are the same. Reading and posting here and attending the on-line meetings helps me between meetings.

Keep coming back.
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.

grateful
option_firstname:

Post by grateful » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Thank you.

I've been to San Francisco and envy you, Marie, with the number of meetings available to people there. :)
Seek beauty