a loving program

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
thockaday
option_firstname:

a loving program

Post by thockaday » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:30 am

So nice to visit our son on sundays in his rehab program. church and sunday meal - prepared and served by the men themselves...
what a fantastic, warm, loving environment for my AS. the people there have a true passion and love for their own current clean lives and a true commitment to reach out to those addicts wanting to find a better life....they show that it can be done...if you (the addict) want to......it is faith based and family oriented. i can see the change happening for so many of the men there...some of the stories are just incredible......what a challenge, and what a brave person to take the steps it takes to reclaim your life from the depths of despair........there really is hope!! I'm hearing about it and seeing it for my own eyes......yes, i know, only the addict can decide to change his/her life.....but if the timing is right, this place sure gives the support, the love, the encouragement, to do it.....My son is in the right place.....I will hold on the the hope that he will be inspired!

Laura
option_firstname:

Re: a loving program

Post by Laura » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Beautiful share to read today.

Thank you for sharing it.

Hugs,
Laura
Laura

"Rest if you must, but never quit". Anonymous.

Forgive1
option_firstname:

Re: a loving program

Post by Forgive1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Thank you for sharing this story of hope.
I pray every day that my son finds such a place for recovery.
Heidi