Finding inner peace

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
Karen K
option_firstname:

Finding inner peace

Post by Karen K » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:57 pm

I've been taking time lately. Time for me. I bought myself a paddle board, I head out to the mangroves in the morning, paddle till I find a spot that is secluded and with no one around. I sit on my board, close my eyes and listen. The more I listen the more peaceful I feel. I hear the birds, the breeze in the trees, fish jumping, I feel the breeze on my skin, the warmth of the sun, the warm embrace of nature. When I open my eyes, I spend some time just gazing around. Watch the heron catch her morning breakfast, they stand so still, but they are so alert to their surroundings. So focused on the moment, the moment of catching a fish. I hear laughter, other people having fun on the water, enjoying the moment. I stand and paddle, I feel the pull of my muscles as I pull my paddle through the water, I feel my balance shift as I hit a small swell, I feel at peace.
I take the time to leave addiction behind, to experience the world through my senses. I have to come back to the world but when I do, it is with a renewed feeling of peace, and serenity. I feel recharged and able to face whatever the day is going to bring. I have choices, right now I choose to take care of me.
Here is to hoping all of you can find a moment in your day to have some peace and calm.
Love to you all
Karen
Karen K
"Things didn't turn out the way they were supposed to, but what can you do? You must take life the way it comes at you and make the best of it."

hairgirl
option_firstname:

Re: Finding inner peace

Post by hairgirl » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:37 am

LOVE THIS POST!!! Thank you!

MATT'S MOM
option_firstname: Sue

Post by MATT'S MOM » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:57 pm

i loved this, I found a small portion of peace just reading it.

triciamarie1174
option_firstname:

Post by triciamarie1174 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 am

I also felt peaceful while reading this post. Thank you so much for sharing!