For anyone who eats when they're stressed,

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
marthamay
option_firstname:

Re: For anyone who eats when they're stressed,

Post by marthamay » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:51 am

I can so relate to this,I can't eat when I am stressed either.
Have you tried a smoothie? I've been able to get those down sometimes when I was stressed and just couldn't eat anything. They can pack a lot of nutrition, depending on what you put in them. I put veggies like spinach, kale, carrots, beets and cucumber in them and lots of different fruits. Adding a small handful of nuts adds some good protein. Or you could add yogurt.
I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Who will I be or die trying?

simplemom
option_firstname:

Post by simplemom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:11 am

Being a diabetic I have to have something when I lose my appetite when stressed. Experiencing low blood sugar is not fun!

I find that the protein bars taste like cardboard to me when I have to eat and can't!

Having yogurt in the fridge helps. I buy a big container of low fat vanilla and add nuts and dried fruit.

Smoothies are the best!

Keeping celery around with low fat dressings are good. Pears are wonderful for fiber. Sliced apples with cheese is good picking food.

Popcorn but that can taste like cardboard too!

Working my program to retrain my brain for peace and serenity can restore my appetitie.

Keep working it....I put a smile on my face and say Good Morning, God to set a positive attitude each morning. It helps to have an attitude of gratitude.

Wishing you peace!
Karen (simplemom)
"I am not afraid of storms, I am learning to sail my own ship."
Louise May Alcott

nayr333
option_firstname:

Post by nayr333 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Have you tried drinking coconut water? it is filled with tons of potasium and even if you don't eat you will get the nutrients you need?

I drink this when I am very stressed its very good for your immune system.
Nothing changes if nothing changes, Let it begin with me.