Is anybody here continued..

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
Forgive1
option_firstname:

Is anybody here continued..

Post by Forgive1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:47 am

It is morning.
I slept fitfully and am awake too early.
I am praying for a better day, but I am fearful.
My son told me he would call or text last night to let me know how he was.
He did not do either.
I can't help but wonder why not.
I hope he did the right thing and went to the authorities and told them what happened.
He could be in jail.
I am afraid he is badly hurt.
I am afraid he took drugs for the pain and did nothing.
I know I am powerless and I am praying that he gets well.
If anyone has any SESH on this let me know.
I will be here on and off all day.
Needing all,the support I can get.
Heidi

Findinghope
option_firstname:

Re: Is anybody here continued..

Post by Findinghope » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:10 am

Dearest Heidi,
I know this must be heart wrenching. But worrying does not change the outcome of any situation. All it does is destroy our piece of mind. I have had so many situations with my AD that kept my nerves so torn up. But it was because I was obsessed with her addiction,and the situations that she created. Instead of trusting that her HP has control over the situations.
As a parent it sounds selfish NOT to worry. But nothing could be further from the truth.
It is not selfish to step back, and allow our ALO's to deal with the consequences of their actions as adults. It could very well save their lives.
That is being a loving parent. We raised them expecting that they would have bright futures. And make decisions that are best for them.
So I had to step back from my AD, and trust her HP that there is a reason for everything.
Keeping you in my prayers.
You can't think your way into a new way of living . . . you have to live your way into a new way of thinking.