Just wondering if anyone is artistic, what kinds of art?

This section is for friendship related discussion such as sports, recipes, jokes, birthday wishes, etc. We DO Recover.
Findinghope
option_firstname:

Just wondering if anyone is artistic, what kinds of art?

Post by Findinghope » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:46 pm

I began having noticeable anxiety today. I couldn't pinpoint it to any one thing. So instead of projecting I grabbed my art supplies,and got to work. I now feel way more peaceful. I am making a promise to myself to do this more often. I wondered if anyone else likes art? Or is artistic?
You can't think your way into a new way of living . . . you have to live your way into a new way of thinking.

Forgive1
option_firstname:

Re: Just wondering if anyone is artistic, what kinds of art?

Post by Forgive1 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:10 am

Finding hope,

First of all I really like your name, Finding hope.

I have a neighbor that lost her daughter to Necrotizing Facitis ( skin eating disease)
It is pretty rare. Her daughter died within 18 hours of the diagnosis. Horrible.
She is an avid knitter and swears that knitting saved her sanity after this happened.

I have taken up knitting and find it meditative.

My father was an architect, painter, sculpter, wood carver, and all around artist.
He was a manic depressive and I think artistic pursuits was his way of enjoying life on his terms.

Some of the most incredible artists of the world expressed themselves though their artistic mediums.

I think it is wonderful that you are letting out your feelings through art.
Most of all I hope it gives you joy.
Heidi

marthamay
option_firstname:

Post by marthamay » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:54 pm

I believe that having a creative outlet is a necessity for my sanity and my serenity. And much cheaper than therapy :lol:
You become so immersed in that moment that you are able to keep mind, body, and soul focussed on the positive energy that exists in these moments. While you are focussed on the positive energy your inner self is able to rejuvenate and recharge. I think that outlet can take many forms- crafting, writing, dance, cooking, photography,gardening, etc. Anything that excites your creative juices is healthy.

I knit, crochet and quilt. I have done sketching with charcoal and pencil, ceramics, and woodworking with my scrollsaw in the past. Sometimes I like to play in the kitchen and create new recipes, I have also done some creative writing.
Who will I be or die trying?

Findinghope
option_firstname:

Post by Findinghope » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Thank you for your replies! I think for me it is a form of meditation as well..
You can't think your way into a new way of living . . . you have to live your way into a new way of thinking.

drinkingwater
option_firstname:

Post by drinkingwater » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm not really that artistic but I do make costumes so I guess that kind of counts? I love creating things to wear. I mostly make costumes for the haunted house where I work but I am also working on some other fun ones right now. :)

::Hugs::
Lindsey
"If you're going through hell... keep going." -- Winston Churchill

Findinghope
option_firstname:

Post by Findinghope » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Creativity of any kind counts! My neighbor is a gardener. You see her outside on a daily basis working on her flowers. I love driving by. Every day I look to see what new flower has bloomed or what she has changed. I consider her a nature artist. Costumes definatly count! :)