Starting a new Nar-Anon Meeting

Questions and/or concerns regarding forum conduct and/or guidelines as well as technical or computer questions or problems.
rnordal
option_firstname: Ronni

Starting a new Nar-Anon Meeting

Post by rnordal » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Hello

I am looking to start a face to face Nar-Anon Meeting in Regina, SK. Is anyone able to help me out as far as who I contact to get literature ... start up kits etc. and maybe there is a "how to start a new meeting" kit.

Thanks

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: Starting a new Nar-Anon Meeting

Post by vscook » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Go to the www.nar-anon.org website, they have info on starting a new meeting.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

roadrunner
option_firstname:

Post by roadrunner » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:08 pm

I have started a meeting - tried to start several - its very hard, but do-able. First you have to find about 3 people who want a meeting - the more you find, the better it is. If you can't find 3 - go with 2. Go to nar-Anon. org and get starter kit, etc. My region - a couple of states away - gave me $50 to start. NY gives more than that - don't know what your region will give you or anything at all. You can pm me if you need more help - don't hesitate to pm. Paula

rnordal
option_firstname: Ronni

Post by rnordal » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:45 am

Thanks to those that replied - I am in Saskatchewan, Canada - not a lot of NA or Nar-Anon up here - but doesn't mean there won't be. I am going to get started TODAY.

I am so glad to have found this forum and wish everyone a great day.

MarieW
option_firstname:

Post by MarieW » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:31 pm

I think it's great that you want to start a Nar-Anon meeting. You might want to attend Al-Anon meetings (there are usually more of them) to get a feel for the format. I attend Al-Anon as well as Nar-Anon and have always felt welcome.

Keep coming back.
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.