Are IMs during group meetings a possibility?

Questions and/or concerns regarding forum conduct and/or guidelines as well as technical or computer questions or problems.
Raina
option_firstname: Renee

Are IMs during group meetings a possibility?

Post by Raina » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:02 am

In a former version of our chatroom, we had the ability to send private messages to one another during a meeting. I have found this option to be very beneficial, in this group & others. It made a big difference when other members reached out to me that way, especially early on when I was really struggling. In addition to that instant, real-time encouragement, I think it also helps form longer term connections and relationships to one another. If the new chatroom has this capability, perhaps it could be reinstated.
-Renee
You are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem, & Smarter than you Think.
-Christopher Robin

DianeB
option_firstname: Diane

Re: Are IMs during group meetings a possibility?

Post by DianeB » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:53 pm

This was not an option within the meeting room. Future releases might encompass it. If so, we would definitely do it.

We just installed a new release and it is quite a mess. John is working with vendor to resolve current issues.

Will keep the IM suggestion in mind if it becomes a possibility.
Hugs....

with Love

DianeB

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin

http://nar-anon.org

DesertFlower
option_firstname:

Re: Are IMs during group meetings a possibility?

Post by DesertFlower » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:43 pm

Awwww (((Diane))) I could hear the frustration in your post. Thank you so much for trying to work out this glitch--I know how much you & our tech are working on it. I'm praying this gets rectified, not so much for us trying to post, but for you to have some peace. Thank you so much Diane for what you do. This forum has saved me when I had to move quickly because of domestic violence, away from the f2f meetings I'd just gotten used to and familiar with. . Your forum has saved me in so very many ways.
Shauna

I just
Realized I was kind of away from the original topic. But for some reason it just came out.
The only constant in life.... is change.