Chat room problem

Questions and/or concerns regarding forum conduct and/or guidelines as well as technical or computer questions or problems.
Raina
option_firstname: Renee

Chat room problem

Post by Raina » Mon May 16, 2016 8:46 pm

I am frequently being booted out of the online meeting. A window pops up - "you do not have permission to complete this operation" - and the update goes into "pause" mode. I have to go back to the forum to log back in. It happened 3 times last night and already about half a dozen times tonight, including the first time I tried to post this message! Any suggestions?
You are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem, & Smarter than you Think.
-Christopher Robin

HollyTx
option_firstname: Holly

Re: Chat room problem

Post by HollyTx » Tue May 17, 2016 12:11 pm

I can share my experience....

(1) I use Google Chrome to access the chatroom
(2) I only have that window open
(3) I check I am logged in
(4) I have added the naranon.com domain to my safelist, so that my virus software doesn't boot me out
(5) In my experience, if you are having issues, you can open task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) and see what processes are booting you out, and suspend them.

I don't know if any of those will help, but that's probably a good place to start.

Holly

DianeB
option_firstname: Diane

Post by DianeB » Tue May 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Raina:

I have not heard this issue from others. However, I made a small adjustment to your permissions to see if it helps.

It might help to make sure that your browser, virus software or firewall is not causing the problem.

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

d
Hugs....

with Love

DianeB

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin

http://nar-anon.org

Raina
option_firstname: Renee

Post by Raina » Wed May 18, 2016 9:12 pm

I got logged off two times at tonight's meeting. It may be triggered by my simultaneously using other windows. The baffling part is that up until this week, I had no problems staying connected to the chat and forum while also looking at other sites.

Holly, I'm not very knowledgeable with technical issues and I'm not sure I'd be able to figure out what process is logging me out.
You are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem, & Smarter than you Think.
-Christopher Robin

trice001
option_firstname: angel

Post by trice001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:25 am

thanks

4me
option_firstname:

Post by 4me » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Raina,

Wifi connection strength, bounced me out frequently, sometimes with weird system messages. Even my Cox Cable strength is based on # of users on in my area/neighborhood. I can watch my signal strength go up and down and when it goes down to low I got bounced.

Other factors can that can impact signal strength, microwave in operation, # of your own devices that use wifi, my house has a lot of wifi signal strength eating devices. Three phones, an I pad, a kindle, doorbell, security system, video cameras, two thermostats, a desktop MAC, printer, nine lights, Amazon Alexa voice control and their Echo voice control too, XBox and a Wii, headsets, two wifi extenders due to a big spread out one story home, and more to come.

I have paid Cox Cable for extra signal strength. I have the newest dual band modem/router. Monthly resetting of cable/router is suggest and can be of help. They sent their top two techs last time due to continuing troubles. They did some work on my my extenders and had me move devices that support 5G wifi to that signal to take the strain off the regular wifi signal, in our case phones, son's XBox, pads, and desktop can access the 5G. 5G is part of the Modem/Router and shows in available signals available for use by those that know our password. It's helped JFT. The top techs said some of my oddball system messages may have been related to the weak signal strength.

I'm off to use my old trusty wii yoga trainer and balance board and then meditation time!

Hugs,

DAnn
4me

richardjews
option_firstname:

Post by richardjews » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:47 am

However, I made a small adjustment to your permissions to see if it helps.