She Is Not Going To Make It?

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Walkingon
option_firstname:

She Is Not Going To Make It?

Post by Walkingon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:24 pm

My daughter who has a decade plus addiction to narcotics and has suffered all conceivable consequences was six months sober four days ago. She is in a long term care environment which would allow up to two years with work experience. This is a faith based facility that she embraced and found multiple layers of support. Now, missing in action, phone goes to voice mail, silence from all who are close.

Yup! We all know what is happening again. So what am I doing tonight? I am watching the Super Bowl. I mourn her decisions. I grieve for my grandchild but I rest assured my grandchild is sheltered carefully from her storm.

It is with very clear vision we may all see her future as she continues to make horrible decisions. The difference this time will be my decisions. I choose life for myself and my grandchild. I will put one foot in front of the other and love my grandchild and hope for the very best for my addicted daughter.

Happy Super bowel Sunday and best wishes.

MissingHim2016
option_firstname:

Re: She Is Not Going To Make It?

Post by MissingHim2016 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:41 pm

Praying your daughter is okay and that you can get some peace of mind. Faith in my HP helps get me through these difficult times. Hugs.

hope4today
option_firstname:

Post by hope4today » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Walkingon wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:24 pm
The difference this time will be my decisions. I choose life for myself and my grandchild.
It seemed so selfish to me at first, but once I started fighting for myself and chose my life.....healing and healthiness returned.

Enjoy your grandchild. Enjoy every smile he puts on your face and every flutter he puts in your heart.....each and every day!!

Meemaw
option_firstname: Lisa

Post by Meemaw » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Thank you for sharing, you have no idea how much your words meant to me. I too am raising my grandchild while my daughter rides her crazy train alone. I am practicing “detaching with love”, while me and my grandchild stay far away from the madness. Thank you so much ❤️

Tam317
option_firstname: Tammy

Post by Tam317 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 am

We are also sheltering two precious grandchildren from the storm their parents have chosen. Trying hard to get my mother's heart to detach and stop worrying. Working on letting go one day at a time. Hugs to you.

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:30 am

Your sharing is so important to so many others.
Tyfs and prayers for safety for your daughter.
Only on their time and their HP's - never on ours.
That was hard for me to accept
Love, Donna