Searching for some advice

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Jlough3673
option_firstname:

Searching for some advice

Post by Jlough3673 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Hello! I recently had a half sibling come to me saying she would like to get clean and sober from Meth. I am unsure how to go about being a support system at this moment. We had called many inpatient hospitals and she is not able to get approved due to her insurance.. but its only medicaid part A. Just in need of help, advice and experiences.. Please

SDIN2T
option_firstname: JR

Re: Searching for some advice

Post by SDIN2T » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:52 pm

For her: NA (Narcotics Anonymous) is free. Salvation Army is free.

For you: Naranon is free.

:JR
And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life - JK Rowling

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:41 am

There are programs that accept medicaid and medicare but they are far and few between
NA is free / there are also meth support groups that are free
Unfortunately, you could spend all your time doing the leg work and she may not follow through.
Most places are going to want her to speak to her anyways.
Good luck. Stick around for yourself.
We don't have any control on their addictions.

MarieW
option_firstname:

Post by MarieW » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Welcome to the Forum. Yes, inpatient programs are difficult to get into. Most programs want to see some commitment from the person seeking recovery before they extend limited resources. Out patient programs are usually more available. Many are free.

But, what about you? It was very easy for me to get sucked into my son's drama, until I worked much harder at his recovery than he did. After I found this program, I learned to back off and let him step up.

Have you found a meeting for you (Nar-Anon or Al-Anon)? The best thing I ever did for my son was to start working the program I wish he would.

Keep coming back.
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.

awd
option_firstname:

Post by awd » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 am

My loved one is home from rehab and I feel anxiety daily. I try not to worry but my gut says otherwise. Afraid of bothering if I call too much or not enough.

awd
option_firstname:

Post by awd » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 am

awd wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 am
My loved one is home from rehab and I feel anxiety daily. I try not to worry but my gut says otherwise. Afraid of bothering if I call too much or not enough.