Reading material for beginners

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Hope2018
option_firstname: Patty

Reading material for beginners

Post by Hope2018 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:27 am

Where is it that I can order reading material for nar anon? If I go to a f2f group do they have them available there? What would you suggest is good reading material to begin with? I’m new here and not sure where to even look. These forums are amazing and have sure opened my eyes already. So thankful I found this place to learn and cope thru this.

SDIN2T
option_firstname: JR

Re: Reading material for beginners

Post by SDIN2T » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:04 am

Most meetings have several different free pamphlets that are short, to the point and worth reading. Sometimes F2F meetings have other literature available for purchase. You can also go to the naranon website and order material.

Some of my favorites are:
The Little Blue Book
SESH Book
Naranon 36 Step Book

https://nar-anon-webstore.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage

:JR
And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life - JK Rowling

Hope2018
option_firstname: Patty

Post by Hope2018 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:34 am

Thank you!

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vscook » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:48 pm

When I went to my first F2F, I was handed a newcomer's packet which included the Blue Booklet and several pamphlets. They also had other literature available for purchase (SESH, Nar-anon 36, etc). You can always purchase conference approved literature at the www.nar-anon.org. I've also purchased several e-books on Amazon (The Blue Booklet, SESH, 31 Days of Nar-anon).
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.