Prayers for my granddaughter

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

jch
option_firstname:

Prayers for my granddaughter

Post by jch » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am

Today has been a very long day. My ex SIL od'd yesterday and it doesn't look good. Come Monday, New Years Day, decisions will be made about removing life support. My granddaughter, his only child, is having to deal with the consequences of addiction at the tender age of 15. Three and a half years ago, she and her mother arrived at my house when he started spiraling out of control. Since then he continued his addiction, lost everything, and had no contact with her except to cause problems. A couple of months ago he went to court petitioning for visitation and was granted supervised visitation to see her for one hour at a restaurant. I had hope that he was on the right track and would work toward sobriety. But, it is never going to happen now and my heart is breaking for this beautiful child who adored her father until she was 12 years old and then he couldn't function anymore and hide what so many of us knew or suspected had been going on for years. I hate addiction, the heroin, the fentanyl, the lies, manipulation, the heartache, and the senseless loss of our family to drugs. I do not hate the addict anymore because this is not my first experience with the self destructive behavior of people I have loved and I can attribute my knowledge and understanding to Naranon. Please keep us in your prayers. Tflms.

Ma1954
option_firstname:

Re: Prayers for my granddaughter

Post by Ma1954 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:01 am

TYFS, I'm so sorry for your situation. I will pray for your family, especially your granddaughter. Sue
Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Blue Indigo
option_firstname: Peg

Post by Blue Indigo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:03 pm

What a painful situation--so sorry your family is experiencing this heartbreak. Your GD and her mom are so fortunate you are in their lives. Take care and God bless.
Peg

rosegold
option_firstname: Rose

Post by rosegold » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:12 pm

I will pray for your family - so sorry for what you and your family are experiencing.

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vscook » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:43 pm

I am so sorry for your situation. Sending prayers & hugs.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.