New Year's Eve Meeting 12/31/2017 8:00 pm EDT Reflection: New Year's Eve

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

endoftheroad
option_firstname: Susan

New Year's Eve Meeting 12/31/2017 8:00 pm EDT Reflection: New Year's Eve

Post by endoftheroad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:03 am

Date and time of meeting: Sunday Night 12/31/2017
Topic: Reflection from SESH
Discussion leader: Susan

My name is Susan and I have been with the Forum for 3 1/2 years. My darling addicted son brought me here. He is a hard core heroin addict and has been "out there" for almost 8 years. He has periods of recovery and I have learned that I am powerless over his addiction. I have learned however that I can turn my will and my life over to a Universe that will serve me well. I am a recovering mom, full of hope and love and excited for my own changes as we enter a New Year.

I will quote from our SESH book, the last entry in our book as we wrap our year and look forward to a new one!

" Today is the end of the old and beginning of the new. I look forward to the New Year with hope for continued recovery and growth. I thank my Higher Power for showing me the way. Today I am exactly where I am supposed to be."

Let's reflect tonight on our year, our growth, our strengths, how we are changing. And then let's lovingly talk about where we might like the new year to take us.

Light a candle for Faith Hope and Charity, put on your comfies, pour a cup of tea and join us for a meeting tonight full of love and hope!

**********************************************************************************************

Access information:

Simply click on Online Meeting icon to access Chat room.

PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION SO THAT YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE MEETING GUIDELINES:

Once the meeting has opened, we only read from or talk about conference approved literature which can be found on the literature order form from WSO at nar-anon.org.

Anything you hear tonight is strictly our own opinion. The principles of Nar-Anon are found in our Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions. If a member says something here that you cannot accept – remember he or she is speaking from their own experience, they are not speaking for Nar-Anon. When you leave our meeting, take home those thoughts that will be most helpful to you, forget those you feel will not be helpful, and keep coming back.

We ask that you speak only as a member of Nar-Anon.

Please read and become familiar with the 12 Steps, Traditions and Concepts and posted under Announcements in the Nar-Anon Family Forum. It it is important to understand the principles of this program.

The following are some important guidelines that will help you get the most out of the meeting.

The meeting today will last between 1 hour and 1-1/2 hours.

If you need to leave the meeting early, please try to leave after an individual has completed their share to minimize interruption.

In Nar Anon meetings, we do not engage in CROSSTALK. Personal progress for the greatest number depends on unity, so we take turns sharing our own experience, strength and hope; we do not interrupt each other or engage in dialogue (either directly or through private messages); we do not put the spotlight on just one member; we do not give advice, offer solutions, or try to rescue one another. we do not offer our personal opinions, criticize or judge anyone.

What is CROSSTALK? It is talking across the group to or with a specific individual. For the purposes of our online meeting, crosstalk refers to interrupting an individual while they are sharing with any typed comment.

It also refers to private messaging between individuals. It is important that we allow everyone the opportunity to engage in the meeting without the distraction of private messages.

By patiently listening, we show respect for each other and our concern for the common welfare of the group. Loving interchange can occur outside the meeting time via one-on-one or group conversations, e-mail, telephone and sponsorship and staying after the meeting for open chat.

To participate and share in the online meeting we follow these guidelines for sharing:

To share, type “!” and wait to be recognized by the discussion leader.

In fairness to all who wish to share today, please keep your sharing to 3 – 5 minutes of typing. Once you are finished sharing, please type “done” so we are aware you have concluded your share.

To avoid any crosstalk, advice or feedback when an individual has completed their share and allow time for all who wish to share today, please limit your responses to a simple TYFS and a few brief kind words of recovery related support and encouragement.
This is the easier softer way.....

endoftheroad
option_firstname: Susan

Re: New Year's Eve Meeting 12/31/2017 8:00 pm EDT Reflection: New Year's Eve

Post by endoftheroad » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:34 pm

bump
This is the easier softer way.....