Ready for the new year

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Ready for the new year

Post by vscook » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:24 pm

So my AD and I made it through Christmas with a minimum of drama. Visited our extended family. Last year was pretty ugly because she was "sick" the whole time. This year, she was reasonably sociable. I guess that's the best I can hope for right now. :roll: I lost my driver's license right after Christmas because of a DUI earlier this year. Two days down; 58 to go. It's kind of scary being reliant on my AD to get me around for the next two months. I can't even walk anywhere right now because it's too cold! So ready to be done with this year. Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy New Year!
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

DeanW
option_firstname:

Re: Ready for the new year

Post by DeanW » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:40 pm

I've always loved this time of the year....AFTER Christmas (and my BD which is day after) and before the first of the year. I like NY Resolutions (which are never kept) and I still do my retired version of a "business plan" - goals and objectives for the year. I know, crazy, but it's fun for me to look at the possibilities. And, I smiled at the idea of you being reliant on your AD for transportation - May 2018 be the happiest ever!

hopefulNE
option_firstname: Pat

Re: Ready for the new year

Post by hopefulNE » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:08 am

Vicki,
Minimum drama is good!
Funny that the tables are turned; maybe helping you out will be a good thing for your RAD.
Hopefully next year will bring better things.
Happy New Year,
Pat
"Keep Calm and Carry On" - British Ministry of Information, WWII