With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

AnonymousSister
option_firstname:

Post by AnonymousSister » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:23 am

Hi. I'm new to the site and thought I would say hello. I'm looking forward to making new friends, and exchanging advice with each other. Does anyone have siblings whom are addicts?

belkar1
option_firstname: Carmen

Re: New Member

Post by belkar1 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:57 am

WELCOME,

We do not give advice, we share our experiences. This is a family forum so YES we have siblings. I can encourage you to read, post, come to meetings here we have them 3 times a week. Find a F2F, order literature from the Nar a Non web site.

Meetings, sponsor, steps, my road to a new life it can be yours too.

Love
Belkar

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: New Member

Post by vscook » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:30 am

Welcome to the forum. Everyone here is is dealing with the issues of having an addicted loved one, whether it is a sibling, spouse or child. My ALO is my 23 yo daughter. Nar-anon is a 12 step program. Please take the time to read the posts in the Announcements section to learn more about forum and the program. You can find a face to face meeting in your area by visiting the Nar-anon website at www.nar-anon.org. We also have online meetings here every Sunday, Monday and Wednesday evening at 8 pm Eastern. Keep coming back!
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.