New here

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

MOMOF2TODDLERS
option_firstname: Susan

New here

Post by MOMOF2TODDLERS » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:02 pm

It was suggested by my SO therapist that i join an Al Anon group but due to the nature of his addictions i believe i will be better off in a group that understands narcotic addiction. How does one work the steps online? I have two toddlers and work fulltime. Their dad is currently in rehab out of state so time is a luxury i dont have at the moment. Are online meetings scheduled?

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: New here

Post by vscook » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Welcome to the forum. We have been online meetings every Sunday, Monday and Wednesday evening at 8 pm Eastern. You can order literature at www.nar-anon.org.Keep coming back!
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Blue Indigo
option_firstname: Peg

Post by Blue Indigo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:21 am

Welcome! To join one of our 8pm EST Sun/Mon/Weds meetings, make sure you are logged in and click on the Online Meeting button up at the top left of the page. There is a meeting leader who posts a thread on the main forum board describing the meeting topic and explaining how the meetings are conducted so that each person who wishes has a chance to share. There is also a link to the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions at the top of the initial board index page. There are both print and ebook versions of our literature, available as vscook said at www.nar-anon.org. Glad you are here. Keep coming back, you aren't alone and people here understand what you're going through.
Peg

Naiswife
option_firstname:

Post by Naiswife » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Just want to share, that I love this online forum. It has helped me so much. My husband is recently out of rehab, and also addicted to narcotics. Currently in recovery.

That all said, I have gone with him to some Al-anon meetings, and they are amazingly helpful as well. I think it’s just hearing the stories, you can relate to some of the feelings etc.

Best of luck!

Claytonmomof2
option_firstname:

Post by Claytonmomof2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:49 pm

I gravitated to this online forum for the same circumstances - mom currently flying solo, two small children and a full time job. To try and schedule something outside of our normal routine, by myself, is very difficult. However...I did find a support network not too far from my home that meets once a week. I've dedicated that one night to meeting with people that can support me, that don't judge my husband for this situation, and that can truly provide me with peace and calmness and prayers. I wouldn't trade that one night a week for anything and in conjunction with this online forum I feel much better in my current situation than when I first arrived. With two small children, I understand how difficult it may be to get one night away but a face to face support has been so helpful for me. Truthfully, since I am currently flying solo - it's nice to have the few hours away from the kids for a little breather as well.

MOMOF2TODDLERS

Post by MOMOF2TODDLERS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 pm

What literature would be best for a newcomer? I dont want to overwhelm my already tired and overworked brain pan. I purchased the book Codependent No More Thursday. Whats the best step by step guide to my recovery from insanity. Im naturally a controlling OCD type A personality so needless to day having yet another addict thrown into my life has my spirling out of control.

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vscook » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 pm

I’ve purchased the Blue Booklet & Sharing our Experience, Strength & Hope as ebooks on Amazon. The Nar-anon step workbook is called Nar-anon 36. You can buy it on the Nar-anon website: www.nar-anon.org.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

MOMOF2TODDLERS

Post by MOMOF2TODDLERS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Thanks so much thats very helpful!

Ma1954
option_firstname:

Post by Ma1954 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:08 pm

People here are so understanding and wise. They have or are living thru this same thing as you. Keep coming back. Sue
Sick and tired of being sick and tired