putting it down

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

ktoews
option_firstname: kim

putting it down

Post by ktoews » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:29 pm

today, I reflect on so much in my life - especially the condradictions of life with an addicted son, and the unconditional love of family. I opened up the forum, that I visit occasionally these days, and re-read put it down. I will put down all today and tomorrow, with the exception of enjoying my family just as they are. It was be a quiet day, will have both of my sons here, the AS will come over for the first time in a long time. He made his way to the area in which we live a few weeks back, but we didn't allow for visits here until he could settle a bit from the monster he becomes until his DOC wears off. The texts have settled down, we've come inside his little apartment's doorway to gauge his temperament, and feel ready to have him here for Xmas. He was on a six month run, drunk and high every single day for six months he told us....unbelieveable that our ALOs survive such chaos. It is -34 degrees right now, so I have much gratitude for a warm home, and for my ASs shelter. He arranged to move to this area on his own, and for organizing payment as I have given up on supporting him other than food as he lives out here, and has no way of getting to a store within 10 miles of groceries. I guess I feel the need to show that I'm not enabling...it's hard to measure where this line falls I suppose.

Anyhow, back to putting it down......nothing left but love today, love of a new life for me, love for my family, and love for a higher power that has kept me going. I am grateful for the life I have, and am reminded of so much that I do have. Also, of the renewal of a new year ahead. Love to all.

endoftheroad
option_firstname: Susan

Re: putting it down

Post by endoftheroad » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Love to you and yours today!

Wishing you a day full of peace :)

ox Susan
This is the easier softer way.....

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:01 am

"nothing left but love"
Can't go wrong with that.
Hope you had a peaceful and loving holiday.
Love, Donna

Blue Indigo
option_firstname: Peg

Post by Blue Indigo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Kim, thank you for sharing this with us. I really needed to hear it today, since I'm having a hard time "putting it down." You remind me that I am not alone, that I walk this road with others who experience much of what I experience, who feel much of what I feel. My AD spent Christmas Day with us at the home of another family member and was lovely and charming, as she can be when not high. Have a peaceful holiday week and thanks again for the reminder.
Peg

Okayenough
option_firstname:

Post by Okayenough » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Well I understand about not knowing where the line is any one have a clear
Idea or way of judging? I was thinking of writing down everything
My brother has said and done that is connected to his
Attitude of entitlement and his using others to meet
His responsibilities and all the prideful things he’s said
So I can remember not to be manipulated. And not to go to the feeling sorry for
Him. Does that sound crazy? I just went to