Favorite Holiday Movie

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Favorite Holiday Movie

Post by vscook » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:46 am

I saw someone post that Christmas Vacation is their favorite holiday movie (I love it too). My favorite is Love Actually. I watch it at least once a year between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Do you have a favorite movie to put you in the holiday spirit?
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Claytonmomof2
option_firstname:

Re: Favorite Holiday Movie

Post by Claytonmomof2 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:08 am

If you can envision a cartoon of someone pulling another along while they’re heels are dug deep into the sand and resisting by all measures... this is me being pulled into the holiday season. My kids are the ones pulling me to throw on the smile and press through, although they have no idea.

BUT.... in an effort to push through regardless we have watched a few that we enjoy.

A Christmas Story
The Grinch

And my favorite because it brings back memories of my childhood with my grandma -
The Sound of Music

whitedove
option_firstname:

Post by whitedove » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 am

Definitely "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby.....I know its old and hokey but I have such great memories watching it with my mom. Starting to hum the song already...lol

Jade11
option_firstname:

Post by Jade11 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:18 pm

I love Christmas movies. My favorites are The Holiday and It's a Wonderful Life.
What really gets me in the spirit are the holiday cartoons my kids watch lol. Mickey Mouse and Curious George always put a smile on my face. :)

slm219
option_firstname: Sharon

Post by slm219 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Yes that was me ........Christmas Vacation, most definitely my favorite and a Wonderful Life
Have to include the Grinch also!!!!
Even a small star shines in the darkness.

Marianne
option_firstname:

Post by Marianne » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 pm

If I had to choose just one it would be, A Wonderful Life. The spirituality of the story moves me every time I see it, with tears at the end always. Happy tears.

Since I don't have to choose one I will add; Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation. I have watched it countless time over the years and it still makes me laugh like it was the first time I was seeing it.

These are my two favorite Christmas Movies.
"Acceptance of what is does not mean liking it as it is." ~ Iyanla Van Zant

endoftheroad
option_firstname: Susan

Post by endoftheroad » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:16 am

Well, I always need a laugh at this time of year. So Christmas Story for sure and Chevy Chases Christmas Vacation and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas with my granddaughter!
!
This is the easier softer way.....

odat1
option_firstname:

Post by odat1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:36 am

We just went tonight and say the Broadway Musical "White Christmas"...it was really good. I like "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Home Alone"....they are all good. I don't think I have ever seen "Love Actually"....on my list now.

Ma1954
option_firstname:

Post by Ma1954 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:15 am

My favorite is 'It's a Wonderful Life'......Sue
Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Ronni
option_firstname: Ronni

Post by Ronni » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 am

It's A Wonderful Life is probably my all time favorite.. The Santa Clause with Tim Allen is next.
My son's addiction is something that happened TO HIM. It is NOT something he did TO ME.

DeanW
option_firstname:

Post by DeanW » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:08 am

Well, OK - my grandsons have been staying over for a few days...they wanted to help us put up decorations and the tree...and watch movies with me. I love Christmas movies.

Our favorite is 'A Christmas Carol' the animated one with Jim Carrey. I always watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' with my son and I am hoping they will watch it with me today. I've never seen Christmas Vacation and will make a point of watching it.

I love the Christmas movies and the old animated specials...Christmas music.

hopefulNE
option_firstname: Pat

Post by hopefulNE » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:30 am

Definitely "It's a Wonderful Life," although I usually kick off the season with " Christmas Vacation" just for laughs...
Happy Holidays :)
Pat
"Keep Calm and Carry On" - British Ministry of Information, WWII

whatnow65
option_firstname:

Post by whatnow65 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:17 pm

I love Home Alone. Always have, probably always will :)

Blue Indigo
option_firstname: Peg

Post by Blue Indigo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Like many others who have commented, my all-time favorite is hands-down It's a Wonderful Life.

Miracle on 42nd Street and the 1950s (or is it 40s?) A Christmas Carol (Scrooge!) with the actor Alistair Sim, along with White Christmas round out my MUST SEE holiday list. Ah, and don't forget A Charlie Brown Christmas! (POOR little Christmas tree!)

Good tidings to you all! Thanks for posting this, Vicki! It's a fun thread to read!
Peg

MATT'S MOM
option_firstname: Sue

Post by MATT'S MOM » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:35 pm

A Christmas Story for me, the composition scene always gets me.... saw it in the theater when it was first released -- didn't know it would go on to become a giant hit.