Struggling a bit here....

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

endoftheroad
option_firstname: Susan

Struggling a bit here....

Post by endoftheroad » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:12 pm

So, my life has been full of robust changes these last two months. And I am one that embraces change and generally walks forward and keeps the momentum going ....

Sometimes I do forget that people can be very toxic. I have pretty much reached a stage of life where I adore my friends and the groups that I am associated with. I have learned over a great many years that I have integrity and I am generally proud of what I do and who I am. And I also know that not everyone likes me and that is what it is. I generally do not find myself needing or wanting to change me based on someone else's perception of me ;) This can be tricky when you want to be liked by everyone, but I do think that the Universe has relieved me of that quirk.

All that being said, I have been completely shot out of the water these last 2 days by a very, angry and controlling man who manages a barn where my horse is boarded. It is a new experience being here these last 2 months and it is about to morph for us again. I am praying for my next steps almost minutely and do have some options for us. But it is the daily experience of having someone judge you and all that you do. And then me trying not to react to the anger that I feel deep inside that wants to lash out and give him a good tongue spanking. I abhor these kind of men that bully to make themselves feel big.

So, here I am trying to take the high road, knowing that this is a fragment of life, not to be diminished, not to lose my love for everything around me. I am trying to look for a way to be grateful for this experience, but I think I will find that when I move the mountain in front of me.

I would appreciated your prayers for my endurance and patience. Prayers that I find the path that is right for Mr. Horse and I....TYFLMS
This is the easier softer way.....

Blue Sky
option_firstname:

Re: Struggling a bit here....

Post by Blue Sky » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:27 pm

I am praying for you. These bully type men are very difficult. I am grateful you are not like him, that you are able to see things clearly because you work at it and willing to do so. Peace and love.

simplemom
option_firstname:

Post by simplemom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:35 pm

How I understand the process I go thru with toxic people!

Another's anger is difficult to navigate and let go. I have come to understand that angry people have issues....hence my clutching to QTIPS!!!

Coming from a place of love and compassion is something I TRY to keep front and center when the behavior of another robs me of peace. I pray for guidance for other choices. Then I practice patience.....

Feelings aren't facts. What does Mr. Horse tell you? For me, hitting my reset button with frustrating situations, letting any situation develop, being mindful of my thoughts, and keeping the faith in a positive way usually bring an outcome I can live with.

My prayers for endurance (patience) and a guiding light.

(((HUGS))) to you!
Karen (simplemom)
"I am not afraid of storms, I am learning to sail my own ship."
Louise May Alcott

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vscook » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Still being fairly new in my program and easily triggered by anger, I have no ESH to share - but I will be happy to send prayers! (Hugs)
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

DeanW
option_firstname:

Post by DeanW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Oh my gosh - I was just wondering how to present something that just happened to me:

I am in the process of selling the very last flip I will ever do. (Sad) - The Realtor who brought the contract on the house is soooo argumentative. She is also overly pushing because I am also in the profession. She has cost me a LOT of money but I have been cooperative and pleasant. I rationalized it as now that it was brought to my attention I would do it anyway...and then when we were on the cruise she pulled some shenanigans.

So, today, she started pushing the envelope again. Really pushing. I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up; my face go RED and I was ready to blow. I've already told my hubby I want to let the contract go - honestly, no one has affected me in this way in years.

Sooo, what's wrong? I, too, try to find the silver lining in every encounter. This one is not working. I have composed an email to her saying I will only talk to her on the record, via email.

I sort of feel like a fraud. I am giving forth a very calm demeanor on an everyday basis - but, this person has taken me to the edge. How, why, do certain people hit us like this?

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Prayers being sent.
You've got this. No doubt in my mind.
I try to remember that the angry, not very nice people are just really unhappy people.
Love ya, Donna

roadrunner
option_firstname:

Post by roadrunner » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 am

Prayers and more prayers for you and Mr. Horse - for all of us dealing with people who are under alot of stress this holiday season that they bring on themselves - Thank you for posting this. (((((hugs)))) Paula

slm219
option_firstname: Sharon

Post by slm219 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 am

Hey Susan -
You and Mr Horse certainly have my prayers.....but I know you guys got this! Just another blip in the road......deep deep breaths.
Hugs,
Sharon
Even a small star shines in the darkness.

Ma1954
option_firstname:

Post by Ma1954 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 am

Crazy makers. Life could be so easy if people treated each other with love and respect. Prayers for you and Mr. Horse.
Sick and tired of being sick and tired

HollyTx
option_firstname: Holly

Post by HollyTx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi Susan,

(((HUGS))) and prayers.
It helps me to remember that it has nothing to do with me - and says a lot about the other person, that they need to treat a fellow human being that way. Sending prayers to my HP that you and your trusty steed find boarding that works for you both.

Love,

Holly

Jade11
option_firstname:

Post by Jade11 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 pm

When I read your shares I feel the light in your spirit... it is so inspiring!
It always sucks dealing with toxic angry bullies. But can you imagine how much worse to BE one?! When I come across an especially nasty person, I think, how unhappy they must be. I thank my HP I am not that sort of person... nor are you! Prayers and HUGS, I hope it works out for you and Mr. Horse. <3