Every Day is Christmas

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

belkar1
option_firstname: Carmen

Every Day is Christmas

Post by belkar1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 am

Morning peeps,

After being on the board for many years, here is one thing I have learned. Every day is Christmas, for me I used to run around trying to make everything just so. Collecting family and friends, trying to live in the illusion of Christmas passed. When our boys were small and the problems were small, when a kiss or Band-Aid could make it better.

NOT anymore, it looks different for everyone, here is a bit of mine. This year it is more SIMPLE if that can be possible. I do what works for me, I do what brings me JOY.

After many years we have a real Christmas tree, my nieces won it at our festival of trees. It came decorated with all the lights, and shinny decorations. Well it was really early and I believe it will be bald by Christmas :lol: Its ok, I have a tree after many years, a HUGE change

We have no clue where AS is again, its ok, he is not lost he knows where he is

I will do what I can, when I can, and that is a change. Hubby has health issues, I have health issues, so what does really simple look like for me ?

I will go to our sons homes IF the weather allows, or they can come here, what ever works at the time. NO DRAMA, ZERO stress for me, I gave up that hobby. I have a new one, and it is awesome !!!!!
I will cook for hubby and I, if the caravan of family and friends come for coffee and left overs great, if not its ok too
I will eat my chocolate, and enjoy every bite ;)
I will enjoy every minute, because once its gone its gone and 100yrs from now no one will remember this day. However I believe the joy we put out in this world stays.

For me everyday is Christmas, why? because the joy I now have in my life is a gift. I can unwrap it every day, I can be grateful for peace I feel now and the serenity that followed.I had the determination, and will to change the only thing I could and that is ME.

I did not do it alone, I did it with my sponsor and our forum family. YES, you reading this helped me find my life and joy.

I unwrap the gift I have given myself everyday, a new way to live, wonderful friends I can pick up the phone anytime, a new perspective, tools to distract myself and change my focus, I have a reset button with new batteries!!!!

Now if I can learn NOT to clean before my lady comes once a month to help me, that would be great. Progress, moving forward, perfection an illusion that I can work on. ;)

This is my Christmas JOY :D Strength, hope, courage......the rest will unfold
Love
Belkar

DeanW
option_firstname:

Re: Every Day is Christmas

Post by DeanW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:35 am

Love this - will remember.

I had to laugh about the cleaning lady. I've had someone come 2 x week this year and I told my husband I want to discontinue because I find it too "stressful".....yep, I also clean before the cleaning lady arrives....ugh...how old do I have to be before I learn!?

Meemaw
option_firstname: Lisa

Post by Meemaw » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:57 am

Thank you sooo much for that wonderful post, it gives me hope for “myself” for the future.

lorinow
option_firstname: Lori

Post by lorinow » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 pm

"NO DRAMA, ZERO stress for me, I gave up that hobby. "

Loved that! Great post.

Merry Christmas! Love Lori

roadrunner
option_firstname:

Post by roadrunner » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:31 pm

Love, love. love this post - says it all. Merry Christmas Carmen - thanks for being "my family of choice". Paula

NeoMom
option_firstname:

Post by NeoMom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Such a beautiful share... it is filled with so much courage, strength, love, and hope.
A Gift.. Thank you.

It's my understanding that we all hold and have peace within our Core. It's there for us whenever we want it.

Thank you for bringing so much truth to light...

_/\_
"Embrace the glorious mess that you are" E.Gilbert

slm219
option_firstname: Sharon

Post by slm219 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:25 am

Thanks for sharing Carmen! Loved it.

Finding the joy in EVERY day...not just Christmas time......perfect!
Hugs,
Sharon
Even a small star shines in the darkness.

lbogie
option_firstname: Lois

Post by lbogie » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:45 pm

"No Drama, ZERO stress"............ A M E N to that!
My mantra is now, S I M P L I F Y and Less IS More!
Such a beautiful share. THIS is what the Program is all about. Sharing our Experiences, Strength and Hope for ALL to learn from.
Wishing you and yours a Very Happy Holiday (Merrry Christmas too ; )
Thanks for sharing.......
Hugs,
Lois
“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”

― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay