information

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

wanttohelp2
option_firstname:

information

Post by wanttohelp2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:47 pm

I just finishing graduate school and have began work within the field of mental health and addiction/substance abuse, and I have some questions. I am not in recovery and do not have any close family or friends that are in recovery either. What is the top 5 things that someone in recovery wants from their therapist? Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

wanttohelp2
option_firstname:

Re: information

Post by wanttohelp2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:48 pm

just finished grad school, lol, you would think someone that just finished grad school would be able to spell, lol.

jeanette
option_firstname:

Post by jeanette » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Although I appreciate you coming here and wanting to better understand your potential clientele, please understand that this forum was created as a place for those in nar-anon.
Thoughts and Prayers, Peace and Love
Jeanette

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them FEEL. - Maya Angelou

MarieW
option_firstname:

Post by MarieW » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:01 pm

This Forum is for the friends and families of addicts. We come here to learn about the 12 steps of Nar-Anon and to share our experience, strength and hope with others dealing with the disease of addiction.

Your question would be more appropriate for an NA or AA site.
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.