He Left Me for Someone in Rehab

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Dmichelle89
option_firstname: Dana

He Left Me for Someone in Rehab

Post by Dmichelle89 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Good Evening. I am looking for a little bit of guidance with this.

Background Story—- me and my fiance... well now ex fiance have been together for about 6 years. We have a beautiful 4 year old son together. His heroin addiction started when I was about 3 months pregnant. Since then... he has been in and out of jail about 10 times. Homeless. Rehabs. I have even taken charges for him to avoid him going to jail again since I had a clean record. The one thing that has always kept us together was our love for each other. I have always been the primary caregiver for our son since my EX FIANCE cannot even take care of himself.

Fast forward to a couple months ago: I found him overdosed in our bathroom. The most traumatic thing I have ever experienced. I immediately called his probation officer so she could put him in rehab and she did. A week later he calls me from rehab and blames ME for everything... the one who has been thru everything with him. He left rehab and told me he has a new girlfriend and Im not good for his recovery but his new girlfriend from rehab IS. He left me and our son amd went and got himself and his rehab girlfriend an apartment and wants nothing to do with me.

I am so confused. I cant eat sleep concentrate on work or anything. I have been thru quite a few breakups but nothing like this. How could someone do this to the only person who has loved and helped him thru everything? Please help or maybe if you have been thru something similar explain how you were able to get thru this pain.

Thanks

HollyTx
option_firstname: Holly

Re: He Left Me for Someone in Rehab

Post by HollyTx » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:49 pm

oh hugs, Dana. What a horrid place to be right before the holidays.

I have found that loving friends and family help me through tough days. The forum here is a wonderful place to cry, vent, go to a meeting or read other stories that are similar to mine or yours.

Stay close for you,

Holly

DeanW
option_firstname:

Post by DeanW » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:00 pm

I have not personally had an experience like this but I know many people who post here have. So sorry this is happening.

Ma1954
option_firstname:

Post by Ma1954 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:36 am

I am so sorry this happened to you. The ALO's thought process is not right. I have recently, several times, told my son he would be better off in jail. I said he at least he would have a place to stay, food, medical care, get sober. He said that he wouldn't be helped in jail. I stopped knowing how to help my son except to pray for him and ask our Higher Power to take over. Peace and hugs, Sue
Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Dmichelle89

Post by Dmichelle89 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Thank you everyone <3

Rhonda
option_firstname:

Post by Rhonda » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm sorry for the pain too. We all have pain from our ALOs. I try to deal with it by believing they know not what they do. They are sick. When I have expectations of how they ought to behave, I've set myself up for the pain. I'd like to say nothing surprises me anymore, but they can find a way. If not to me personally then to someone here in my groups. It's a sad sad disease. I hate it. I hate we have had to feel the pain. We can only move on ourselves now and find the peace we deserve. Hang out with those that DO love us and support us.

Hang in there.

Dmichelle89

Post by Dmichelle89 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Thank you Rhonda. I appreciate your input. You are so right...I think I set myself up for the pain that i feel. I always try to see the good in someone and I still just really miss the person he once was. That isnt the person he is anymore and its so hard to accept. I am sad that my son must grow up knowing that I tried everything to keep our family together and it just didnt work out. I have lost so much of myself just taking care of my EX.