Does this serve me well ?

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

belkar1
option_firstname: Carmen

Does this serve me well ?

Post by belkar1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:01 am

Morning peeps,

Today would have been my little sisters Birthday. She would have been 53 today. she passed away 16 years, 6 months, 24 days ago. She was 37 yrs old. Yes, I used a date calculator, guess some of my charter traits are coming through. Its ok

So what will I do today, celebrate the fact I had a little sister and I can remember the day she came home. So many things have changed in this time. My sister has 5 grandchildren, I can dream about the kind of grandmother she would have been. Motor cycles, nails, and pampering would have been a must do for her grandchildren. That makes me smile, my sister had NO fear of anything and was willing to ride the biggest roller coaster. I stayed on the ground waving her on.

I miss her :cry:

Yes, wash, rise, natures way to wash the yucky out. December for me is filled with great JOY, and the debts of sadness.

One pillar of my program is asking myself one question. Does this serve me well ?

Having tears is ok, grief is ok, doing something in her memory is ok. I will NOT go to the cemetery today, I know my HP has got this. I will focus on celebrating her. I will do what works for me.

I will reach out to my nieces, just a call saying love you thinking of you today.
I will go to my service club meeting tonight, and help fill our food hampers for our Christmas families.
I will take a bath, with a very extravagant salt bomb with bubbles.
I may even watch Rocky and Bowinkle, or Mr. Green jeans :lol:

I will find my JOY, that is what serves me well !!!!
Thank You, my family of choice for letting me share,

In Gratitude,
Love
Belkar

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: Does this serve me well ?

Post by vscook » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 am

Yes - it's still hard when those days come around every year. My husband passed away five years ago this coming January. For the first couple of years, I felt very sad on that day. But it does me no good to mope around, and our loved ones wouldn't want that. Better to celebrate their lives, and remember the good times. (Hugs)
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Jade11
option_firstname:

Post by Jade11 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 am

Those sound like lovely plans for your day. Much love to you and yours! TYFS ((hugs))

NeoMom
option_firstname:

Post by NeoMom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:02 pm

.... Such a great share.

I'm pretty sure she's smiling right back at you!

I'm glad you treated yourself well... no matter how sad or difficult it can be you shared and displayed your strength, and growth through this journey.

Thank you for sharing... it was a gentle reminder for me.

Hugs**

_/\_
"Embrace the glorious mess that you are" E.Gilbert