Missing my Addicted love one, need help

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Iloveinrecineedhelp
option_firstname: Greg

Missing my Addicted love one, need help

Post by Iloveinrecineedhelp » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:17 pm

New to the group here.
Me and my ALO have been together for 11 months. At first i didnt know he was an herion addict, until he shot his arm in front of my. I didnt judge him or react to the situation. High or inbetween his next fix my ALO was never abusive mentally or physically, just loving and caring. Then when the dope sickness came, i became a enabler out of love. I was accasional addict, mostly on weekends. Doc for me was coke, weed and meth. This vicious cycle of us getting drugs turned in to something i would never imagine start doing to support n help my ALO at that time. I started pawning anything i could in the house and overdrafted my bank account in between checks. Even drove into undesirable places in town to score. For me i had a per say dail a drug dealer , that would drop of my drug of choice.

To fast foward: things went that way for six months until finally i had enough and kicked my ALo out the house. He went to live with his mom. We still kept in contact, and i would just visit my ALO at his moms. Now my ALO has od six times before i met him. It was his birthday and i was on my way to meet them at a restaurant of my ALO choice. As i was driving i get a text from the mom that my ALO has od.. Frantic i was and text her back. She told me the she had to give him cpr until the ambulance came and the broungt him back to life and now their at the hospiatal.

The next day my ALO went to st judes to detox and after that has been in a 1yr recovery program that require him to remain on campus. The have a six o'clock curfew. My ALO has been in there for 4 months and since that time my ALO has gotten a job and has saved several hundred dollars cause it part of the program. To be in this program you cant be in a relationship. We never brike up and we see each other from time to time, but mainly on weekends for a couple of hours.

Until recently i myself have made an educated decision and choice to go to NA and stop using as well. First im doing this for me and im doing it to support my ALO. We both have our journeys to walk but since the recovery and my ALO is not home i miss my ALO dearly. Im on my second step and my ALO is on the 4th. Our communication has dwendle down some and my ALO is becomming distant . i know my ALO needs to stay focus on the recovery to save his life. But for me its been hard cause i miss my ALO and i want our relationship to last. I try my best to not add any pressures or say anything about our relationship. I just go with the flow. I haven't gotten a sponser yet to help me deal and cope with missing my ALO and codependentcy issues. I just dont know how to deal with the love of my life being away and hardly not talking to me. I feel like im losing everything.

Any views or opions are welcome, im trying to not be needy. Thanks for listening.

YouKnowSSS
option_firstname:

Re: Missing my Addicted love one, need help

Post by YouKnowSSS » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:26 pm

hello.
my heart goes out to you. thanks for sharing your story with us. when things become rough for us in similar way, I try to do the following:

I pray, or as we say PUSH, which stands for pray until something happens.

I also try not to be angry at all with ALO

and I also try to focus on my kids/dogs, and my self, and not on telling ALO what to do.

since i'm a 'double winner' like yourself, I hope that we can stay in touch somehow. i'm running late for something, so i'll message you and if you want to exchange numbers for support, let's do that. i'm not always available, but at least i'll try to be responsive when time is permitting. :arrow: :twisted:

AMD1296
option_firstname: anika

Post by AMD1296 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:08 pm

as YouKnowSSS said I am here also but running late as well but I am here if you need to message anyone or i am open to share numbers YOU are not alone and WE are strong stay true to the things you love and keep yourself healthy and happy :)

xoxo
Anika

Ma1954
option_firstname:

Post by Ma1954 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:28 am

TYFS
Sick and tired of being sick and tired