First day of detox

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Hopeforpeace
option_firstname: J

First day of detox

Post by Hopeforpeace » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:18 pm

I just dropped my fiancee off at hoag. Of course we fought on the way he was in withdrawl already and so irrational and ugly. I wish i could take back the question i asked him so badly it triggered him and i responded to it. Im so upset i cant talk to him for 7-14 days. I hugged him as he went through the door and he said he loved me but i know all his triggers and im scared he will leave me when he finishes the program. Im scared lost alone. I thought i would be relieved and hopeful. I cant even get out of bed. Has anybody else felt like this

DianeB
option_firstname: Diane

Re: First day of detox

Post by DianeB » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:09 am

Your scared of what? 14 days of detox to remove the drugs from his system
and perhaps give him a chance to look for rehab and recovery?

Scared that he will use immediately after?

Scared of a future you have no earthly clue how it will go?

Scared because he will leave you?

Can you do anything about any of it?

First things first - he is NOT in a recovery program. He is in a medically controlled
process to detoxify the body of drugs. THEN, he can choose a rehabilitation/recovery
program. After that....he will be in recovery for addiction for the rest of his life.
Addiction is forever....there is no cure. There is recovery and management.

So now...what about you. You are worth a life of productivity, of peace and serenity,
of positive outcomes. You are important. You are worth living a life of your own no
matter what anyone else does.

How do I know this.......because I cared enough about myself to get out of my pity pot,
get out of bed, get to a nar-anon meeting, educate myself on addiction, learn what I
can change (ME) and took the steps to do so.

I also learned the most valuable lesson - happiness is inside of me. I am the master of
my happiness and when I pin my hopes and needs on another person I am doomed to failure.

Pick yourself up and get to a meeting. Find a counselor. DO for you. You are worth it.

jeanette
option_firstname:

Re: First day of detox

Post by jeanette » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:21 pm

My program has taught me that me and what I do are not the "trigger"

when my LO was in the throes of addiction he would call ANYTHING a trigger
I have to learn how to live my life to the fullest

and so did my LO

we have different diseases
he had the disease of addiction

I have the disease of wanting everyone around me to
1) love me
2) help them to be the best person they can be

my program has taught me to have an open heart and to be compassionate with myself
and to learn
Thoughts and Prayers, Peace and Love
Jeanette

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them FEEL. - Maya Angelou