Welcome Porah2004

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

MarieW
option_firstname:

Welcome Porah2004

Post by MarieW » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:49 am

In another thread, you said:
I am fairly new and my parents have a drug addict issue referring to meth and cocaine, also heroin. I want to get them help anonymously and I don't know really where to start. I'm thirteen years old and came from California, where I wasn't that aware of the addiction. Now, I fear I my parents and they are starting to get crazy. I believe it is unsafe for my brother and sister. Whom are seven and nine years old. Please help me and give me something to do to help.
No 13 year old should be put in the position you are in. Is there an adult you can go to for help? A teacher, relative or parent of a friend?

If you feel you or your siblings are in danger, please don't hesitate to call 911. Sometimes we are afraid to get our addicted loved ones into trouble, but the times my son was in jail probably saved his life. The secrecy around drug abuse keeps our families sick and keeps us from getting help.

Keep coming back and let us know how you are doing.
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.

linda.f
option_firstname:

Re: Welcome Porah2004

Post by linda.f » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:01 am

As Marie suggested please try and reach out to a family member, neighbor, teacher or counselor at your school.
(If you are in fear of telling of a family member then anyone you speak to at the school must report it.) When a
parent is addicted to meth, coke or heroin they are unable to parent. Period.
We don't give advice unless there is a safety issue at hand and clearly you and your
siblings are at risk.

Please know that we are here for you and you are not alone.
Live-love-laugh

Linda.f

Ma1954
option_firstname:

Re: Welcome Porah2004

Post by Ma1954 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:34 am

I am sad for you. Yes, speak with a guidance counselor or teacher or a nice neighbor. I'm sure they will help you. Hugs. Sue
Sick and tired of being sick and tired