Simply Tired

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

lbogie
option_firstname: Lois

Simply Tired

Post by lbogie » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Meeting topic for tonight: QTIP, could not have come at a better time for me!

This is where I can (and often DO) "contribute" to issues at hand. Whether it be addiction, illness, finances, anything................
I need to Quit taking it personally. Someone will say something and I get my "panties in a knot", my feelings get hurt, everyone's out to get me. Blah, blah, blah......

Well, my skin is thin............. I'm in a place right now where I feel as if I am taking care of EVERYone and everything and I'm feeling a little neglected. It's stupid, it's childish, it's illogical but it's how I feel just for today!!!

Self Care is crucial to my life and my program but every now and then, I'd like to be taken care of, considered, appreciated.

Sorry, I was in a terrific mood right out of the gate today. I asked for a favor and the favor wasn't a problem. I asked again and because I didn't remember what the first response was..........................I got attitude.

I'm tired of attitude......I came into my office, turned some inspirational music on, cried and balanced the checkbook. Whoo hoo!
I'm just tired!
But other than that, all's groovy!
Lois
“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”

― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: Simply Tired

Post by vscook » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Time for a meeting! (Hugs)
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

jeanette
option_firstname:

Post by jeanette » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Oh dear Lois!!!

I so understand - it isn't that I wasn't listening when someone gives me an answer the first time I answer the question
sometimes my mind just forgets that I asked it at all -

overwhelmed is completely understandable!

but you recognized it, and took steps to change you!

Congratulations on progress!
Thoughts and Prayers, Peace and Love
Jeanette

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them FEEL. - Maya Angelou

DianeB
option_firstname: Diane

Post by DianeB » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Damn Lois....

you said it perfectly.
Well, my skin is thin............. I'm in a place right now where I feel as if I am taking care of EVERYone and everything and I'm feeling a little neglected. It's stupid, it's childish, it's illogical but it's how I feel just for today!!!
Me too.

Feel the feelings and move on....

HUGS

Blue Indigo
option_firstname: Peg

Post by Blue Indigo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Great post! It's so important to simply allow ourselves to "feel the feelings," then when recognizing how Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired we are to take actions in the moment at hand to give ourselves a well-deserved rest...and attitude change (ie, going into our offices and mellowing out for awhile).Thanks for sharing, see you tonight at the meeting...3 minutes from now.
:D
Peg

belkar1
option_firstname: Carmen

Post by belkar1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:47 pm

I hear you !!!!

Right there with ya sister ;)

Love
Belkar

endoftheroad
option_firstname: Susan

Post by endoftheroad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:00 am

Totally get it Lois!

Someone taught me a long time ago that I needed to take care of myself because most likely no one else could do it the way I liked it done! Amen!

Usually, I gotta ask pretty bluntly for what I need and if it doesn't get done, I take care of it myself ;)

Love ya, Susan
This is the easier softer way.....

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:45 am

Awareness, acceptance, Action.

You recognized you were feeling like cr..
You accepted your feelings (you have every right to them - they are yours).
You took action - the room, the music, recognizing you were tired.

Imagine life before program.
Oh boy - I don't know about you but if it were me - I would have been tossing a few things around, including some not so nice words. :oops:
Good Program sista.

Love ya.
Donna

whitedove
option_firstname:

Post by whitedove » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:16 am

Simply tired.....those are words I seem to say everyday. Dealing with an addict is like dealing with a petulant toddler...24/7...at least during the "real" toddler years they would go down for a nap and there was a moment of relief. My AS, during active addiction, is the toddler from H*LL...I want...I want...I want....me...me...me...now...now...now... I know when I start to act and answer him in kind that I am tired....at the end of my rope....and need to let go...MY inner toddler needs a nap

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vscook » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:57 am

I've often said that my AD acts like a toddler when she acts out. I think there is a toddler in all of us that comes out when we are hungry, angry, lonely or tired (HALT). Get some rest.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Jw103
option_firstname:

Post by Jw103 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Thank you for sharing. I feel the exact same way... tired.

One of my biggest struggles is allowing myself to feel and to accept that my feelings are valid and okay.
Whenever I get that tired, neglected, childish feeling in me I tend to also feel guilty, like my addicts feelings and toddler tantrums are more valid than mine so I should suck it up.
This group has really helped me realize that I need to put more focus on me and taking care of myself.

hopefulNE
option_firstname: Pat

Post by hopefulNE » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:26 am

Lois,
I can so relate to tired, overwhelmed, needing a little TLC.
(((Hugs)))
Pat
"Keep Calm and Carry On" - British Ministry of Information, WWII