Can't make sense if it don't make sense

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

IsaJ26
option_firstname:

Can't make sense if it don't make sense

Post by IsaJ26 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:26 am

I'm reading a lot of the post that we all put on here. The things that our ALO's do, say and ask for and the things that we do in response. The heart ache, hopelessness, pain, desperation, etc that we all feel. And it's all because our loved one's chose to do a drug once...twice...then they were hooked. They are no longer able to choose life in any form. Their brain is affected..it is sick. I heard that it takes two years for an addicts brain to heal. It doesn't make sense that they would get choose this and now they are unable to choose (except when they really have a moment..and God we pray for them to have their moment). It doesn't make sense that once they are hooked, they, via their addiction destroys everything good in their lives including their family. The things they ask of us, put us through...put themselves through...just doesn't make sense. I finally realized: can't make sense if it don't make sense. It doesn't make sense that I allowed something so deadly as addiction of my loved one's to wreck my life also. I know, we don't realize, at first, how big this can become, but once our soul starts fading and becomes the doormat for the addict to walk on, it's time to rise up.

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: Can't make sense if it don't make sense

Post by vscook » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:23 pm

once our soul starts fading and becomes the doormat for the addict to walk on, it's time to rise up.
Well put. Thank you for sharing.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.