Successful marriages

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

DonnaMc
option_firstname:

Re: Successful marriages

Post by DonnaMc » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi,

Anything is possible. That's the short, and most accurate, answer.

I understand how it can be defeating to read the stories where people's marriages have not worked out, (I am one), but, just because they haven't, please done think that means we cannot relate. I have not yet come across a person on these forums who has shared that at the very first whiff of drug/alcohol abuse, they up and left their ALO and never looked back. In my case, it took me three years to get to that point. I also went through a pregnancy, a birth and the first year of raising my son with an addicted husband. I also wanted desperately for it to work out. I spent many nights crying and held out hope. For me and my husband, it was not to be. There are many reasons why I made the decision I did. Sometimes I share them on here when I respond to others. Not meant to discourage, simply to share what worked for ME. But, no matter where my marriage ended up, I can relate to the emotions because I lived them too.

Peace,

Donna Mc
In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer - Albert Camus