Lost Newcomer!!

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

FLLADY68
option_firstname: Kim

Lost Newcomer!!

Post by FLLADY68 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi!! I have a RABF. He is doing 90 meetings in 90 days. Doing great. I have gone to several al anon meetings, no nar anon here. Why do I still feel so lost, I want to do the steps, I feel that I try to turn things over to my HP. Why do I still feel so anxious, it is like I am waiting for something bad to happen. This is the first relationship I have been in of this nature and is all new to me. I do love him but I do want control of my life again. Just reading a few posts i see if you work it, it will work for you. I just don't know where to begin. TYFL

janiemarie
option_firstname:

Re: Lost Newcomer!!

Post by janiemarie » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:55 pm

You have already begun!
You are here and we are here for you!
And we all understand

A saying I heard over and over from my sponsor is 'we are not instant coffee!'
This program is a process and different for everyone.
I've been here 3 yrs a just recently finished my steps!

There is peace to be had
Order the literature and read read read!
Meetings
Sponsor
Steps
And Keep Coming Back!
“And this too, shall pass away.” How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!”
--- Abraham Lincoln

SDIN2T
option_firstname: JR

Re: Lost Newcomer!!

Post by SDIN2T » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Welcome to the Forum.

Realizing you want something else is a big step. Having the desire to work the steps is putting you on the right path. I've been working the steps for over 2 1/2 years and I'm not done. But close!

When I finally get through step 12, it doesn't mean I've graduated and I'm cured from my life's woes. For me, as I've heard before, the steps are like a clock and your hand passes 12 o'clock, the rotation doesn't stop, it starts over again. I live in steps 1, 2, 3 everyday. For me those steps are the foundation of my recovery.

I tried to work the steps myself and it didn't work. Maybe some can, but I couldn't. Ideally the steps are meant to be worked with a sponsor or another alternative is working a step buddy where you both are doing the work together.

Working the steps is where the magic happens!

:JR
And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life - JK Rowling